Saturday, August 1, 2009

Wondering what is up in the Hull house???

Well, a lot of preparing and just getting last minute stuff done. I have just one more load of Tess’ stuff to wash after the one in the washer is done. I should go down and get a suitcase and get it packed. Steve put the car seat bases in the Jeep and van. I should also have him bring up the bassinet. I think we might be ready… well, she could come and we’d be okay.

I had a great appointment on Wednesday. I think part of it was that Dr. M had a medical student with her and she was praising me in front of the medical student about how well I have done compared some other moms they had seen that day. With the gestational diabetes I have gained about 11 pounds and she anticipates Tess to be about 6-6 ½ pounds when she is born. Of course, she could surprise us and be a little bigger, but she is measuring about 36 weeks instead of 38 weeks.

Tess snoozed through the first part of the non-stress test. In fact, she was making me and the nurse a bit nervous… probably the nurse more than me until the nurse told me what would happen next if she didn’t wake up and then I got really nervous. Her heart rate was really steady, but she was a sound asleep. The nurse was going to give her ten minutes to rest and then have me turn on my side or use a baby alarm to wake her up. If that didn’t work I would need a full ultrasound to watch for breathing and movement. If she still wasn’t reassuring them she was okay we would go to labor and delivery to be monitored and either be sent home or be delivered that afternoon. When she got to the delivery part is when I started to panic. But Tess woke up once I turned on my side and was very active. During the ultrasound to check fluid levels, she had her hands up so I couldn't see her face, oh well.

Cooper is doing great in the Toddler room and is enjoying playing with his new friends, especially on the playground! For the month of August they will have a zoo theme. They have some fun days planned according to their calendar.

Today we went to JC Penney to get Coopers 18 month pictures taken and had a family photo done at the same time. It used to be so much easier when he couldn’t walk. Today he was much more interested in the umbrella light and the camera cord than actually having his picture taken. The poor girl tried really hard. She got a few good shorts, but he was a difficult subject.

Enjoy…











No comments: