Thursday, August 27, 2009

+2 weeks…

I thought that since I have Tess sleeping, I’d share a quick update. We’ve been home two weeks… WOW!!!... Those two weeks have gone by incredibly fast! Steve’s mom was here last week and Steve and Cooper are home this week. We are doing well bonding as a family! I am back to where I was when Cooper was a newborn in trying to figure out how to do things. I struggle to get in a shower and brushing my teeth in a “timely” manner. Most days this week I haven’t even gotten to blow-dry my hair. Oh well. I’m sure in the next few weeks I’ll get into a routine. I’m healing well from the c-section and feeling really good. I walked around our “block” and it felt good to get out of the house. I’d really like to get out, but I’m not ready to take Tess out yet. We are out of diapers so I think we might tag along with Steve for a trip to Target.

Miss Tess loves to be held… by me and hasn’t given me much of a break. I’d estimate that she is held 22+ hours a day. This means I hold her while sleeping on the couch… maybe not the best idea, but what else do I do??? I prop the Boppy under her and my arm and then use a pillow behind me and another pillow under head on the arm of the couch. Little One does great at sleeping 3-4 hours at night. Now if we could just get her into the bassinet. She sleeps in it for about ten minutes, but that’s it. She’ll sleep in the Boppy fairly well, but I can’t leave her alone in it. I’m hoping we can transition into the bedroom in the next week or so.

Cooper loves his sister. He has been so gentle with her (just occasionally needing a reminder). The last couple of days he just giggles when she is looking at him. He is so loving that he gives her gentle hugs and kisses her head. I can’t wait until they can truly interact with each other. I hope they are always close.

Well naptime is over…

More later.

No comments: