We are so blessed! God has put some truly wonderful people in our lives!
Yesterday was the first day I was home alone with Tess and Steve was back at work and Cooper was in daycare. Jackie so graciously blessed us with a wonderful dinner. Steve and I both really appreciated not having to try to figure something out.
Steve wasn’t feeling well last night and developed the chills and a 103.0 fever. While taking Cierra out, two of our neighbors stopped over and I shared that Steve was sick. When I got back in Cooper was really in a tough mood. He struggles with Monday evenings after being home for several days and the activity going back to daycare on Mondays. He can be on the crabby side and last night was no exception. It was worse since Daddy couldn’t play and keep him occupied. Mommy was busy nursing Tess and he needed attention. I was starting to feel overwhelmed while I was trying to get both kids ready for bed. Since I can’t lift anything heavier than Tess I was trying to change Cooper on the floor. He is going through a phase of not wanting to be changed and it was like trying to hog tie a pig to get him in pj’s. Meanwhile, Tess was in the crib screaming… breaking my heart. I got Cooper done and Tess started when I heard someone talking to Steve and he came in to ask if I needed help. Our neighbor Linda, from earlier in the evening, came back to see if she could help me get the kids to bed. God must have place on her heart that I was just about ready to meltdown. She finished getting Tess dressed for bed and snuggled with her and I was able to cuddle with Cooper on the couch. We read a couple of books and he was out. Linda stayed long enough for me to get a few other things done, too. I really appreciated her help and Steve was able to sleep. I really didn’t want him sharing whatever he has with the kids.
So like I said, we are incredibly blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment