Yes, I am about a month behind. But back by popular demand… or request, a post! I must say life is incredible! The days are full, but amazing.
You may be wondering about the post title. Cooper has slept in his toddler bed all night for several nights!!! I’ve slept in our bed, and Tess has slept for about four hours straight each night in the bassinet. For the last seven weeks Cooper has started out in his bed and then about 12:30 has ended up in our bed with Steve. Tess and I have slept in the living room since coming home. With getting up every few hours, I figured it would be easier to hang out in the living room. I hate to say I have to watch TV to stay awake while nursing and even then I have fallen asleep several times. Tess also spent the first few weeks not wanting to be put down… at all… and I slept with her in my arms. I was too afraid to put her in bed with us… occupational fear. Too many babies have been smothered by their parents or bedding. Last week we decided to try moving into our room and it worked! Our bed is so much better than the couch. I’m still sleep deprived, but I feel pretty good! Hopefully more good nights to come!
I can’t believe how fast the last seven weeks have gone. We are starting to figure things out and I’m becoming braver and better at doing things. I can get in showers without Tess screaming before I am done. I get my teeth brushed before noon. I’m really getting really good at taking her out. Jackie and I have met for lunch a few times and Tess has been wonderful while we are out.
We have had a few more visitors this last month. My parents came back for a few days at the beginning of the month. It was great to have them here. Tess cuddles into Papa and goes right to sleep. Papa loves cuddling with her, too. Mom and I were able to do a bit of shopping. My Aunt Debbie and Uncle Gary came to see us for Labor Day weekend. We really enjoyed their company and Debbie loved holding Tess. Our friends Jan and Steve came over on Labor Day and brought us a wonderful meal! It was so fun to get Amaya and Cooper together again. They could still pass as twins.
Cooper is doing great at daycare. He continues to work on self-help skills with hand washing being the focus right now… with H1N1 we are trying to frequently get him to wash his hands. He is learning about farm animals this month and the signs for some animals. Last week they did the Chicken Dance. Our baby is approaching two and with that has come the start of the Terrible Two’s. I keep reminding myself that this is a developmental milestone and Cooper is developing independence. But as a parent this is tough. He knows what he wants and doesn’t want and doesn’t hesitate to let us know he isn’t happy. The tough part is there are things Cooper wants, but that he can’t have. We are also struggling with consequences. Cooper will give something he is eating to Cierra (he likes to share), she eats it, and then he wants it back. He doesn’t understand that when it it’s gone it’s gone… and don’t feed the puppy. There are moments when Cooper is whining, Tess is crying, and Cierra is just being obnoxious and I wonder if we will survive parenting, but in those moments of pure contentment by the three, there is nothing more beautiful as a parent.
Yesterday morning Cooper set the table for breakfast. Steve gave him two bowls and spoons and he put them in the right spots on the table. He also got the juice glasses on the table. He tried to put the cereal on the table, too. After his bath yesterday, he took his dirty clothes to his hamper. He is so proud of his accomplishments. I’m so proud of him, too. I’d love to see him always be so eager to help. My baby is growing up.
Tess is growing amazingly fast. It feels like yesterday she was just coming home. She is more alert during the day (not that you can tell by these photos) and will now sit in her swing and sleep in the bassinet. I think she has been smiling for the last few weeks, even though I’m sure many would say it is a reflex… I’m still taking them as smiles. In the last few days she has started to make cooing noises. She gives me a look like she wants to say something. She is strong. She can hold her head up quite well. She also pushes with her legs against my legs and “stands” when she is resting on my chest. She is outgrowing newborn clothing, but 0-3’s are still a bit large, so dressing is a challenge. She is long, but not filling things out. She is now about 9lbs.
Cierra (not to be forgotten) has made some significant strides, too. She is almost 11 months old. With me being home, I have had her in the rest of the house with me. She has done great! She hasn’t touched Cooper’s toys or had potty accidents. We have even stated to let her have free run at night, too. She just curls up and sleeps all night. I am so proud of her. We still leave her in the kitchen when we are gone, but slowly I’m sure we can work on that, too. She is phenomenal with the kids. Even with some of the chewing she did on the house and the pull and jumping during walks, she is amazing with Cooper. He can pull and tug on her (we don’t encourage it and frequently remind him to be gentle). She lets him hug her all the time. Cierra sniffs Tess and is curious when she cries, but otherwise doesn’t bother her. I’ve said that Cooper and Cierra are much at the same level. Here is another example…
No comments:
Post a Comment