Not much longer and our little one will be here! We will soon be a family of four. I can’t wait to meet her. With each passing hour I am a bit more excited… and maybe a little nervous. I have been reassured that we will be in good hands. I know we will. First, we are in God’s hands… it doesn’t get more perfect than that. Second, there are many skilled and wonderful hands at Mayo. My OB said she would have any of her colleagues operate on her and she said she really meant it. But, this is major surgery and I am just not a fan of pain. I know that this c-section will be different from Cooper’s. It will be controlled and not the mad rush to the OR we experienced with him. I still remember the tugging and pulling, my hands going numb, and just the environment of the OR. So yes, again, I am a bit nervous. However, I am focusing on what I will gain from going through it. My little girl will be in my arms by this time tomorrow!
With this anticipation comes a bit of sadness. These are the last few hours that only I get to sense when she is moving or has the hiccups. If this is my last pregnancy, it is the last time I will ever experience the growth of a child within me… a very precious experience that can’t ever be put into words. I love my baby belly! I won’t miss the backaches and some of the other aches and pains of the last few weeks, but I will miss being pregnant.
My mom and dad are on their way here now. It will be wonderful to know that Cooper is well taken care of and we can focus our attention on Tess. I will miss my little guy. The longest I have spent away from him has been one night. Mom and Dad will bring him up to meet his sister and spend time with us each day. But it will be hard to not be here to tuck him in bed or see the excitement on his face when I go to get him out of the crib in the morning. It is only for a few days and then we will be home as a family.
Cooper has been fun of hugs today. I’m sure he senses something is happening, but he probably has no idea of WHAT is about to happen. In church during the praise music, he was cuddling so hard he brought tears to my eyes. He gives the best hugs. Just in case you are wondering, I am in absolute love with my little guy. He is so incredibly precious to me!!!
God is going to bless us with two… wow!
So for now I wait in eager anticipation of our daughter!!! Here is to a restful night, a calm morning, skilled and talented surgeon hands, and the amazing birth of Tessa Grace!
More tomorrow… I hope.
1 comment:
Jen -
We will be thinking and praying for you today - that you can get everything ready to go, tonight - that you get plenty of rest, and tomorrow - as you head into surgery, for the surgeons, and for the safe delivery of Tess. We're excited to meet her, so I can only imagine how excited the three of you must be! We'll see you in the next few days!
Jan (for all)
Post a Comment