Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy 18 months old, Cooper!

Wow, 18 months ago tonight we were holding our precious newborn son. Now he is a toddler, my big boy. I have loved every stage with him. Of course each stage also has its moments, but the journey has been incredible. Cooper continues to change every day and fascinate me with what he can do. Over the weekend he bought me his shoes and said, “shoe’! No prompting, just said it. The other day I was getting him a cup of juice and I asked him if he wanted some and he said, “Juice”. Wow. His language is starting to pick up. On a related note… we took Cooper in for his ENT follow-up and hearing test and I was amazed to watch him during the test. He was hearing sounds that he didn’t hear six weeks ago before his tubes were placed. I am so glad I pushed to get them placed and not wait six weeks to see if the fluid would clear. He proved that he was an excellent candidate for them.

He is doing great at daycare. I love seeing him have fun with his friends on the playground. He is a different kid from a few weeks ago.

Cooper… aka Mr. Monkey, loves to climb. Nothing deters him from trying to climb. Cooper was trying to climb on the coffee table by pulling out the drawer and stepping up. Steve was quickly pushing the drawer back in before he could get his foot in it, but Cooper decided he’d try a different route. He went to the end of the table and pulled himself up. He has mastered the coffee table, the dining room table, and the wooden highchair. The kid needs a rope and a helmet. I’m a bit worried about what he’ll try with the swing set once it is put together. Kids!

Tonight we have a picnic at the daycare. It will be fun to watch Cooper play and get to meet other parents and get to know the teachers better.

1 comment:

The Gatzke Family said...

Hi Jen, let me know if Steve needs help getting the rest of the swingset up.