I had a good OB appointment yesterday. I didn’t get to see my little girl on ultrasound as Dr. M has decided that we will do a biophysical profile (BPP) next week and that will primarily be based off an ultrasound… so we will get to see her in greater detail than a portable ultrasound. Baby Girl looks great, but Dr. M thinks we should keep an eye on her just to make sure everything stays fine, so we will do weekly non-stress tests or BPPs for the next four weeks along with OB visits. I’ve gained about seven pounds total, but she measured right on for 33 weeks. The BPPs and NSTs will watch her movements, heart rate, breathing (yep, they can watch her breathe… , but its fluid and not air), amniotic fluid levels, and watch her growth. I know this sounds like a lot, but know that she is just fine… this is just to make sure she stays fine. Dr. M is also quite sure that some of the contractions I am having are probably real, even though they don’t hurt. As long as I don’t get more than six in an hour for two hours, this is normal.
We also scheduled my c-section with Labor and Delivery for August 10th. We will check-in at 8:30 and the surgery should start about 10am. Oh my! I’m not sure why, but I became a bit nervous as I was walking back to the office yesterday afternoon after my appointment. I think most of it is the reality that this she will be here soon! I am so excited. But as exciting as it is, being a parent is a HUGE responsibility. Believe me- I can’t wait to be the parents of two!
I will also admit that I am quite nervous about another c-section. I don’t know why. I shouldn’t be. I obviously did just fine through the last one. This time we won’t have the drama of what we did with Cooper. Maybe that’s why I’m a bit nervous, too. I didn’t really have much time to mentally think about a c-section with him. But now almost six weeks away, I have time to think about it… the OR experience, the healing after, a bit sad that I won’t get to hold her right away, etc. I will be fine. But I’m nervous.
No comments:
Post a Comment