Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Oh where, oh where has the month of June gone..."



I can’t believe I haven’t updated since June 8th! Oh my…

Well we have had a fun month.

On June 13th we travelled up to Cherry, MN (just outside Hibbing) to help my cousin Jaron celebrate his high school graduation. It was a very fast trip as it is about 4 ½ hours up. We left early Saturday morning and arrived shortly before Jaron’s open house started. It was fun spending time with my two aunts, uncle, and cousins. We were with them until about 7:30 and then we headed to our hotel to settle down for the night. Sunday morning we met up with the family again for breakfast and then headed home about 11:30. Even though it was fast, I think we really enjoyed just getting away for the night and doing something different. Besides, Deb and Gary hadn’t seen Cooper since he was just a few days old and Jill, Kim, Josh, and Jaron hadn’t met him yet.

My parents and sister came for a visit Father’s Day weekend. Mom and Dad just moved and Mom had a “free” Sunday. We enjoyed having them stay a few extra days and goof off. Steve enjoyed my dad’s company and having help with getting a few projects completed or worked on. Mom and I, of course, shopped.


Cooper has had a busy month, too. Let’s see if I can remember everything that is happening…



On Friday he had his ear tubes placed… finally! He was such a brave little boy and did fantastically well! We checked into the outpatient procedure area at 7:15. Cooper wasn’t too sure about changing into a gown, but he did. It was an unfamiliar place with lots of unfamiliar people. He also didn’t appreciate the O2 monitor even though he was fascinated that his big toe was glowing red. He also let me put on the “baby do-rag”, something they wear instead of a hairnet. Steve and I joked that now he can pretend to do surgery or welding. About 8:15 the anesthesiologist came to get him. I laid him on the cart and the anesthesiologist wrapped blanket around him and a belt and then sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star as they went down the hall. Cooper never cried. They had told us it would be about 15 minutes, but just as we were settling in finding something to watch on TV a nurse said they done and were coming back... about 10 minutes after he left. Wow, that was fast! Cooper was completely out, but about five minutes later woke up very bright-eyed. It was a mad task to get him unwrapped and the electrode patch off his back before he realized what was going on. After a cup of juice (poor kid had been without food or water since 8pm the night before) we got him dressed and we were out the door at 9:15. Two hours from start to finish. I think they found silly knobs in his ears since he has been over-the-top happy since Friday. I’m sure it feels good to get that fluid and pressure off his eardrums. Hopefully we can catch a break from ear infections for a loooooong time.

Cooper is in the process of graduating from the older infant daycare room to the young toddler room. He started yesterday for a few hours and he will gradually move over there with them anticipating he will be fully transitioned by July 13th. Oh, my baby is growing up! It looks like from the schedule that Toddlers is a bit more structured with lots of projects, outside playtime or large muscle room activities, big toys, music, and time to rest and read. Mommy isn’t sure she is ready to leave Cooper’s teachers. You depend on these people to care for your child when you can’t, so they play a big role in his life. I’ve gotten a bit attached to them. But just as Cooper will adjust, I will, too. I’m sure his new teachers will be wonderful. He will be with some of his old friends that have moved before him.

While brushing his teeth this morning I felt his gums… and was bit a few times, too. Cooper is definitely getting tooth #8 (the fourth tooth on the bottom) and three molars… ALL AT THE SAME TIME! That has got to hurt. I’m sure the fourth molar will come soon, too. Wow! He is really good at brushing his teeth. I do his front teeth and gums (and now the beginnings of his molars) and then he tries… usually chewing on the tooth brush, but, hey, he is trying.

Cooper loves to be outside. This morning as soon as he was dressed he went to the front door and fussed. He wanted to go out. The last few nights we have spent quite a bit of time outside again playing with sidewalk chalk, picking up sticks (Daddy is thrilled at having help in a few years… hopefully Cooper will still think it is fun), picking up rocks, and going for walks. He just doesn’t want to come in.

I thought I’d share this one picture my beloved sister took of my belly… thanks, Missy. I’m not sure what happened, but all of a sudden when doing dishes or brushing my teeth, I have found the sink is getting further and further away. Little one is growing. She has now taken over my entire belly. I can feel her under my ribs, along my sides, and, of course, using my bladder as a pillow or soccer ball. I have another OB appointment today and my OB mentioned she will quickly scan her to see if she is head-down. Not that it probably matter since we are planning a scheduled c-section (which should be scheduled with Labor and Delivery today- Wow, again!) and the fact that Cooper was breech at 36 weeks and he still turned before 40 weeks. I’m pretty sure she is head-down because she is frequently getting hiccups and I’ve been told by OB that where you feel the rhythmic pulse is usually where the head is… my bladder. I frequently sit in awe watching my belly do the wave. I’m almost positive I have a baby butt just above my bellybutton. Oh, by the way… Cooper is absolutely fascinated with bellybuttons. And not just mine because it is starting to stick out. I hope he doesn’t start going up to people to lift their shirts to find one.

Miss Cierra is growing, too. I look at her and see the height of an adult dog. She still needs to fill-out a bit, but she isn’t that little one we brought home four months ago. She also loves to be outside and play with the neighbor dog. We’ve been leaving her out of the kennel in hopes of putting the kennel away. For now she spends the day while we are at work in the kitchen. We make sure she has chew toys, but once in a while she gets bored and eats something she isn’t supposed to. Unfortunately the corners of the walls have been the hardest hit… I mean chewed. Ugh, add those to the project list. When will the chewing end??? She really is a good dog, but she is definitely still a puppy.
(Notice the tennis ball and chew bone next to the damage???)



Well, I think that about updates the highlights of the last few weeks. Time is moving very fast. We have less than six weeks before our daughter will be here. I need to start getting ready.

Here are a few more pictures to enjoy…
Cooper got balloons from Grandma and Papa to help him feel better after his ear tubes.
I love balloons!
My sleeping prince
Caged!
Reading a good book... Good Night, Gorilla
Bookshelves: 1 Cooper:0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the pictures.....I did do half of them...Love ya