Monday, June 8, 2009

Our Big Boy!

Cooper turned sixteen months old on Saturday. No pictures??? What was Mommy thinking?

Cooper slept in his big boy bed for naps this weekend and did fabulously well! I got a little nervous with him on Sunday as he got close to the edge so I put extra pillows beside the bed, but he did just fine. We will eventually work on getting him in there overnight, too, but naps are great for now. He really snoozed yesterday for nearly two hours in it. I just want him used to his new room before his sister comes.


Cooper is scheduled to have his ear tubes placed on the 26th. He probably met ENT’s tube criteria months ago. Five ear infections or fluid for three months. Hmmm, I think the poor kid met both. There was no question for them that he will benefit from the procedure. The resident we saw said she has heard story after story from moms that kids hear better right away and their speech improves… not that we would necessarily see a big difference in his speech since he is just 16 months old. I can only imagine that what he is hearing is like if we had our head underwater or how my ears get after flying… my ears never equalize pressure very well. While I am anxious to have it done, as a mommy I am a bit nervous. I know it is quick and he will only be out for five to ten minutes, but I am putting my son in the hands of others… complete trust. He will be fine. Thankfully we get to do it at a new outpatient center and not at Saint Marys so we should be in and out in a couple of hours rather than all morning at SMH. The surgeon doing it only does pediatrics. He should be back to normal later that day. We chose the Friday date so he has the weekend before going back to daycare.

We had a great weekend… busy, but great. Cooper did a fantastic job during church yesterday. He was quiet through most of the service. About half way through I gave him two of his cars to play with thinking he would roll them on the pew cushion, but Mommy quickly learned that they are more fun to bang on the back of the pew in front of us. I quickly grabbed a book to distract him. A short while later he had some stop-sign crackers (oyster crackers) and then a bottle of milk. That almost got us to the end. We have had several people mention that they never hear him during the service. You never quite know what people are going to think about a small child in service. The family in front of us yesterday once mentioned way back when Cooper was about two months old that the church has a great nursery. I know we do, but I’d like him to sit with us as much as possible without disrupting those around us. We also like to sit toward the front on the side. I’m way to distracted if we sit near the back, so we chose to take our chances.
Well, here is to another week... a bit soggy today, but welcomed rain.

No comments: