Friday, July 24, 2009

36w 6d

Another great OB visit. Little one snoozed through most of the non-stress test. She had enough activity to get a baseline and two good accelerations in her heart rate to be done in about ten minutes, but their protocol is to stay on for twenty minutes. I just sat and chatted with the nurse and listened to my baby’s heart. I LOVE that sound. Every once in a while she would move. Her heart rate was in the 130’s today… compared to the 150’s last week, but my heart rate was down, too. The ultrasound looked really good, too. She is still head down and I got four photos of her. I have one of her lips and nose that is just cute. You can really see the bottom of her face. I’ll see if we can’t get a couple scanned. The OB part of the visit was relatively uneventful. Just two more visits and we are done. Again, we discussed what I would do if I were to go into labor on my own in the next two weeks. Dr. M still thinks it would be best to just see how things are going if it happens. I can request a c-section or try to labor. I just don’t know. Part of me would love to try, but I am so afraid of everything that happened with Cooper. Two weeks ago I would have said VBAC for sure, but today I’m back to thinking a c-section is the way to go… even though I really don’t want to go through it. Can’t she just miraculously be here… no surgery, but no labor, either??? I’m more apprehensive this time than I ever was with Cooper… Why??? Shouldn’t I be calmer? Dr. M also said now is the time to get those last minutes things done… like packing a bag and washing that last load of baby clothes. I’ll try to get them done this weekend. I really can’t believe it is Friday. Baby Girl will be here in two weeks and two days!

Cooper had a fabulous day at daycare yesterday… his best day yet in the Toddler room. He really has had a great week. On Wednesday it warmed up enough that they had their water day and he had fun playing in the water box and was even okay with the sprinkler if a teacher was holding his hand. He is starting to enjoy being outside on the playground. For self-help skills he is working on putting on his shoes, washing his hands, putting toys away, etc. I am so proud of him.
This weekend Daddy plans to go and get the swing set. It should be an interesting adventure!

Here are a few pictures to enjoy. Some of them are courteously of Jackie. Thanks, Jack!

Cooper and Daddy playing in his "fort"


"I've got Mom's ear!"
"And her teeth."


"Ahhh!"


Being silly!


The blanket my dad made our little girl. I just love it, Dad!

No comments: