Here are a few photos from yesterday afternoon’s daycare costume party. We got to decorate sugar cookies with Cooper. He probably ate about 1/8 of one and loved it. Thankfully, he didn’t get as much of the frosting on him as one of his friends that will probably still have orange hands to match his Tigger costume on Friday. After we got Cooper dressed, they put most of the little ones in a stroller and rolled them to the playground for the parade. The home store next door invited the kids to come over for trick-or-treating. Cooper got several pieces of candy that he can’t eat, but that Mom and Dad will enjoy for him. He is progressing in his menu of things to eat… cookies, toast, crackers, pudding, mashed potatoes, but no candy bars or M&Ms yet. Cooper had fun grabbing the item out of the bowl and then giving it to me to put in the bag… sometimes I was prying it out of his hand before it went in his mouth (with the wrapper). They had a magician at the daycare after the trick-or-treating, but we decided to pack up Coops and go home.
On a sad note, we drove in yesterday to see our front tree pretty well lying across the grass with a ten foot stump sticking out of the ground. Unfortunately, this was planned. I hate it and will need time to mourn the tree. Last night I just wanted to close the drapes (not that it would have helped as they are shear) and close the blinds in the bedroom… I can’t bear to look outside. I love our wooded lot and hated the thought of taking it down… and the five (one on the side of the houe, too) others to come. They are 50 year old trees… you just don’t grow them over night. But they are starting to become unstable and the thought of one them crashing through our living room makes me know that this had to be done… BUT I HATE IT! The five trees lined our front yard in a perfect row. Now we have two, a huge gap, and two more. The yard is going to look silly… my OCD response… I like things in order. Steve said we will plant another tree as soon as we can… maybe yet this year, if we can. When he asked how big of a tree to get I said a 50 year old size, but that isn’t realistic and the size I want will probably cost as much as it took the other one down. I just don’t want a “twig” in our front yard. Here is how it used to look…
2 comments:
what a cute puppy :) Will he come trick or treating to my house?! :)
Cooper! I love your Halloween costume! Mommy made me dress up like a little lamb. It was fun dressing up, but what's the deal with the candy? How come they wouldn't let me have any?
Post a Comment