Well, he’s done it. Cooper can now crawl! He has made great strides in the realm of baby transportation. Yesterday when I went to pick him up from daycare, his teacher was sitting with him on the floor. She had a toy that she was tapping on the floor encouraging him to come and get it. He didn’t know I was behind him (or he would have wanted me to pick him up) and he made a move for the toy. He did it! He crawled!!! She said that was the first he actually did it... if it wasn't I'm glad she lied to me, but I think she was telling me the truth. At last! Cooper has been working on it for a few weeks and his determination paid off. He has been moving all over the living room since. Now we are frantically working to get the remaining child-proofing done as we know he will all over the place now. Some things are obvious, but then there are things that we don’t think he’ll get into, but probably will. Now, where to put everything???
Cooper is also pulling himself up on things. The other night he pulled himself up on the coffee table and started pulling books off… so we cleared it off, except for things he can play with.
Cooper is also pulling himself up on things. The other night he pulled himself up on the coffee table and started pulling books off… so we cleared it off, except for things he can play with.
Steve’s parents are here for the weekend. They are having fun with him! Grandma bought Cooper a winter jacket for an early Christmas present. I never thought it would so hard to find a 12-18 month jacket, but we did. Now he can stay toasty warm when the temps drop.
We took Cooper to get his picture taken at JCP. They were busy and I was a bit disappointed when the photographer only took about ten minutes worth of photos, but I still had a horribly difficult time trying to decide on what to get. She got some great pictures!- But the subject is absolutely adorable, so what did I expect??? As you can see from the pictures I took today he was in denim bibs and a white shirt. There are a few of him with a pumpkin and some leaves and then she spelled out Cooper in blocks. I got the smiles-by-wire, so I will post them when I get them.
Since Steve is celebrating a very special birthday (read 40th… shh) tomorrow, we will take advantage of Grandma and Grandpa babysitting and go out to dinner tonight alone. I made Steve a drop-raspberry cake with butter-cream frosting… trust me this is a HUGE feat and a symbol of love. I could have bought one, but I wanted to show him I love him… hmmm, I really hope it tastes good or it may not taste like love…, but it’s the thought that counts, right?
Hold on… I have a pooopppppppppyyy diaper to change. Yuck, yuck.
Well, Steve and I are off for his birthday dinner… with me. We’ll go out with his parents tomorrow.
Take care!
1 comment:
Welcome to the wonderful world of crawling, Cooper! Give your parents a run for their money!
Amaya
Post a Comment