Well maybe it’s just two rings for the moment, but I’m sure life is only going to get more interesting. I’m not sure which way is up and which way is down and I don’t know if I am coming or coning. Things seem to be a bit of a blur these days. So I thought I’d write a quick post to let you know that we are still here. I’m not sure what happened in the last week or so, but time has gone very fast.
To start, Cooper is sick again. I had a cold a few weeks ago… nothing much and I was really hopefully he wouldn’t get it. I don’t know if it was my cold or if he picked something up elsewhere, but he is sick. After a few days of him whining and being easily irritated… not fun in a 13 month old, we suspected he had another ear infection and guess what??? He does! I hate to say we are getting good at diagnosing these things… in Cooper. When I asked about tubes the pediatrician said six in a year… well he is on #5. I don’t want to put my child through a procedure just for the fun of it, but I can only imagine he isn’t going to miraculously stop having them. She said we are moving out of ear infection season and we’ll see how he does. But as I remember he had ear infections in July and August… not quite ear infection season. He also has a horrible cough, so we are back to doing the albuterol inhaler. He still sounds rough and I’m walking that line of do I take him in again or wait another day or two. Sure enough it is the weekend which makes that decision even harder. They do have appointments tomorrow morning, if we need to. Poor kid. I know he doesn’t feel good.
Even though Cooper is sick, it hasn’t deterred him from walking. The longest stretch I have seen was about five feet. He usually does about 5-6 steps and falls, but that is an improvement from the 1-2 and falling. I think in the next week or so he will have it mastered. He also continues to climb on anything he can. That skill (hmmm is that what it is?) got him a sore lip and gum yesterday at daycare as he fell off a step stool. They try to keep him on the floor, but any opportunity to climb, he does. Thankfully his teeth are fine and he didn’t get a fat lip. Yesterday he also sat on a basketball, so he doesn’t really have any issues with balance. Silly boy.
Oh Miss Cierra. She is a wonderful dog, but the puppy stage can be challenging at times. In all honesty she is doing great… hardly any potty accidents in the house and she is quick to learn new things. She has sit and down mastered. Last week at puppy class we had a 20 foot lead that we couldn’t hold onto. We could step on it if we needed to. The task was to wander around PetSmart and have her follow us on voice command. Keep in mind this was a Saturday morning with people, kids, and other dogs in the store. I was a bit frightened when I trainer told us what we were doing, but Cierra did extremely well. She listened and followed us. As part of the puppy stage, last Saturday she had to be de-wormed again and the label on the tablets said, “May cause loose stools”… yeah right. Cierra had a reaction to the medication and had brown water coming from her… yuck. On Monday she had an accident in her kennel while were at work. I’m quite sensitive to smells and other things these days… sorry to gross you out, but I started retching while cleaning it up and added to the already disgusting mess. Yuck! Poor Cooper and Cierra sat watching me.
The other night Cierra got the sillies… where she goes crazy running from one end of the kitchen to the other. Well, she discovered that with a good running start she could launch herself over the baby gate and into the dining room to be with us. How she did it without getting hurt, I don’t know. She hasn’t made it over since, but I know she is trying. We’ve been slowing introducing her to the living room. She wants to be with us, but we don’t trust her yet and need to watch her every second. Cooper’s toys also have to be picked up or she thinks she can take them. Once the novelty of the living room wears off she’ll probably be fine.
I’ve really started to feel our little girl move! It is still very faint yet… as I know that won’t last for long… which excites me as I LOVED feeling Cooper move. My belly is popping out more. I’m still having clothing issues as I don’t have enough for maternity shirts, but regular shirts are too short. Oh my, the shirt I put on today works as long as I don’t move, lift anything, or raise my arms. What was I thinking??? I guess it’s time to put most of my regular shirts away until next fall. I love being pregnant… other than being exhausted. I can’t complain I feel really good. Last night I had a dream that she was here and didn’t have a name. In my dream I kept thinking where did those last 20 weeks go and how didn’t we get her named???... I have a feeling the 20 weeks going fast will be a reality, but I hope we have her named before August. Send suggestions, if you would like, but please don’t feel hurt if she isn’t named one of them. And I thought naming the dog was hard…
Well it’s Friday and I’m ready for it. We have determined that we actually get less sleep on the weekends, so here is to hoping for Monday… No, no, no, not really! I love weekends! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment