Monday, March 16, 2009

“g-gl” and pickles…

Interesting title??? Read a little further down…

Well, I didn’t get the ultrasound photos scanned, but I thought I’d give you an update anyway…

It was a fast weekend, but they usually are! It was gorgeous here! Finally warm weather has come. Today it is 63. It is so much easier to do potty training with a dog when you don’t have to get all bundled up and hope she doesn’t go potty in the house in the meantime. Not to mention hoping she would just hurry up and go then it is below zero and blowing. We had a calmer weekend as we didn’t do much. It was nice to have some time to just breathe and relax. I started to clean the bathroom closet yesterday, but put it all back right before bed when I realized it just wasn’t going to happen. Someday we’ll get it done.

Back to Friday afternoon… As you know we had a fabulous OB appointment. Our little girl is absolutely beautiful! Her heart and brain look great. Two kidneys, no spinal defects, no signs of Down’s Syndrome, etc. We saw five fingers on each hand and we have a neat shot of her feet. It looked better on the ultrasound, but they look like footprints. She was wiggling all over… if we thought Cooper was a wiggler, I think she has him beat. It was neat to see her arms move. She had her right arm near her head most of the time that we saw her. She weights about 8oz right now and measures right on for my due date. I saw a resident following the ultrasound as my OB was gone last week. It took him about a minute to tell me everything was fine… which I knew as I had already seen a perinatologist following the ultrasound… another perk of being advanced maternal age. He wrote an appointment request for four weeks and let me go.

A note about Steve’s reaction to a girl… When we started to think about a dog, there was some debate about a male (Steve) or female (me) and which side would win as we knew we’d probably not wait for the ultrasound to decide the gender of the dog. We also knew were going to adopt a dog so we decided to let the right dog choose us. As you know we got a female. So, Steve’s first reaction when the ultrasound tech told us it was a girl was that we needed to go and get a male dog… to keep the testosterone/estrogen balance. No, little Cierra will be more than enough.

So on to other happenings.


I just have to share how much Cooper LOVES pickles. The kid can’t get enough of them. He is completely obsessed if he sees one. Forget any other food. I have a strong love for pickles and apparently it was passed in the genes. Yesterday after breaking off several pieces of a pickle I gave the rest to him… about ¾ of one. I was sitting with him in case he bit off a piece too large. He ate the whole thing! Move over chocolate this kids loves pickles!

This morning during breakfast we heard a word that was something of g-gl. Steve and I both think Cooper is trying to call Cierra “Good Girl”. It makes sense since we usually say something like, “Cierra, sit. Good Girl”. I’m sure he figures “Good Girl” is her name. I asked him where Good Girl was and he looked right at her.

Cooper took about ten steps on Saturday! He is gaining more and more confidence in walking. Soon he’ll be running. Another fun Cooper story is that he is starting to follow commands. I told him to go tickle Daddy and he did it! He is just to fun to watch. He loves to tickle toes.

Have I ever said how much I love being a parent??? No two days are alike!

1 comment:

The Gatzke Family said...

Cooper - you are a man after my own heart -I LOVE Pickles (Steve can't stand them!)