The poor camera has been neglected which means the blog has been neglected of pictures. But I got a few. These are the ones that keep us busy. :)
Mealtimes have become a real adventure! Cooper is trying to use a spoon, but most things don’t end up in his mouth. He also does not want any help, so unless we are prepare for a mess, anything the consistency of yogurt or applesauce, etc is not had. We are sticking to lots of finger foods. Cooper also loves to “get into” his food. His tray is “finger painted” as well as his face. Cleaning him up is fun, but I know this is a learning process. He is really good at rubbing it through his eyebrows and hair… especially when he isn't due for a bath. While Cierra doesn’t beg from us, she knows exactly where to sit to get treats from Cooper. About two weeks ago tooth #5 and tooth #6 came in. Cooper is great at biting into things… and even bit Mommy while I was brushing his teeth last weekend. He didn’t mean to… I don’t think… but it hurt. 
You should see our master walker! Very little crawling for Cooper these days! He went from a step or two to five or six steps to across the room to now from one end of the house to the other. He has made great strides in balance.
We have one smart little boy. He loves to play with the real phone… hoping he doesn’t try to call China. We were taking out the one of the batteries, but he figured out what we were doing and now he just hands the phone back if one is out. He loves to turn anything into a phone and pretend to talk, but then he wants us to talk on it, too. Yesterday he was “talking” on the light/fan remote from our bedroom. It does look like his play cell phone. Watching him figure things out is amazing.

You should see our master walker! Very little crawling for Cooper these days! He went from a step or two to five or six steps to across the room to now from one end of the house to the other. He has made great strides in balance.
We have one smart little boy. He loves to play with the real phone… hoping he doesn’t try to call China. We were taking out the one of the batteries, but he figured out what we were doing and now he just hands the phone back if one is out. He loves to turn anything into a phone and pretend to talk, but then he wants us to talk on it, too. Yesterday he was “talking” on the light/fan remote from our bedroom. It does look like his play cell phone. Watching him figure things out is amazing.
Last night he was taking all our (I suppose that should read “my”) books and putting them on the floor. Steve went to sit with him and they carried on a conversation for quite some time. I wish I would have caught it on video… oh yeah, we need to use that more often.
Cierra is doing really well. I think she is growing. It’s hard to tell when we are with her every day, but she seems bigger. She also seems to be losing her puppy look. Puppy classes are going well. We are working on sit and stay at the door. So far so good as long as we have treats. Last week she had to walk over treats and leave them… very tough for a food motivated dog. The trainer said it would likely take a few weeks to master. She has had virtually no potty accidents in the house for about two weeks. Wow! We’ve been letting her in the living room more and more. It is easier to do after Cooper has gone to bed and his toys are picked up. She just seems so much happier to be with us. I can’t wait for the day when she can have free run of the house. The vet said the chewing should slow down after about six months… she’s five now. We’ve found seven puppy teeth, but I think she is nearly done as most look pretty adult. The other night at some point she started to chew the corner of the kitchen wall. Ugh. I think we may need to get the movie Marley and Me and rename it Cierra and Me. But overall she is such a good dog. This stuff, while not desired, is to be expected. At least she didn’t eat a huge chuck of wall… that spot will just have to be repainted.
I had an OB appointment yesterday and all is going great! Her heart rate was in the 140s and she is measuring right on. I’ll see my OB again in four weeks. Wow, these months are going fast! Every time I look at the ticker at the top of the blog I think, “Really??? Only that may more days??? Wasn’t is just at 165?”. And keep in mind that we will likely go a week early, so subtract six or so days.
The other day I stopped in the baby section of JCP and found two little pink and white sundresses. I’ve wanted to find a going home outfit (yes, I know it is a few months away, but…) and I couldn’t decide between the two, so I bought them both with a little pink cardigan and matching booties. I keep telling myself that I only really get to do this once. I love buying little boy clothes and I’m having just as much fun with little girl clothes.
Well there is so much I could tell you, but this will do for now. I hope to be back sooner than two weeks from now.
No comments:
Post a Comment