April 28th… where did the month go? Where did the first four months of the year go? Little one’s ticker says 109 days until she is “officially” due, but she be here sooner. Wow!
Here are a few pictures and updates from the last two weeks…
Oh where, oh where, oh where is Cooper???

"Here I am!"

Peek-a-boo!

My mom and dad came to visit last week. They were just here overnight, but we had fun in the short time they were here…. lots of shopping and chatting. They brought Logan’s toddler bed and the bedding set for Cooper’s new room. Hopefully we can get it started soon. They also brought some of Jacob’s old toys and Missy’s baby doll from when we were younger. Cooper has taken to his “baby sister”. He’ll have his baby to take care of once his real baby sister arrives.
Cooper got outside a few times this last week. He loves to explore. He loves to pick up mulch and the river rocks next to the house and hand them to me… What a find! It’s been a bit cooler and rainy the last few days, but we’ll get out again soon.


Cooper got to spend last Friday evening with his friend Amaya… a very big thank you to Jan and Steve!!! Steve and I got to go out for a quiet dinner… a rare treat these days and I’m sure it will soon be even rarer. He had a blast with Amaya! They look like they could be twins…, but then again they are only about two weeks apart. Very cute kids!
I'm sooo tired...

"These puppies are calmer than the other one."

Little one… oh, she needs a name!... is doing great! I’m really feeling her on the outside now. She got in a few really good kicks last night and then a few more this morning. I had Steve put his hand on my belly last night, but as soon as he did she stopped. Sounds like what Cooper did. Silly kids! Soon her movements will be even easier to feel. I love it! I have an OB appointment next week. Just three months (and a few days) and she’ll be here.
Here are a few pictures and updates from the last two weeks…
Oh where, oh where, oh where is Cooper???
"Here I am!"
Peek-a-boo!
My mom and dad came to visit last week. They were just here overnight, but we had fun in the short time they were here…. lots of shopping and chatting. They brought Logan’s toddler bed and the bedding set for Cooper’s new room. Hopefully we can get it started soon. They also brought some of Jacob’s old toys and Missy’s baby doll from when we were younger. Cooper has taken to his “baby sister”. He’ll have his baby to take care of once his real baby sister arrives.
And how to hug them...
I love babies!
"Does she have teeth, yet?"
Cierra graduated from puppy class on Saturday! I can’t believe we started the class eight weeks ago! We’ve had her over two months now. She is still young and has some work to do, but she did very well on her graduation test. She had to sit, lie down, stay at an open door without going out until called, leave treats until told she could have them, walk on a loose leash through PetSmart, walk off leash for a lap (keep in mind PetSmart has lots and lots of distractions!), and stay for 30 seconds. The stay took a couple of tries, but not bad for a pup with a lot of energy. I’m still amazed she can do “leave it” with food and stay at an open door until called. We’ll miss the formal class time to work on commands, but we’ll appreciate getting our Saturday mornings back… I’m sure Jackie will, too. Jackie has been wonderful and has kept Cooper so that we could both take Cierra to class. Maybe in a few months… or next year we’ll take the intermediate class. I would love for her to get a Good Canine Citizenship certificate. Someday.
We really got a great dog. She is so good with Cooper! She will do the puppy nips with us when she wants to play, but only licks at Cooper. He will tug on her ears and coat, but she just takes it as attention from Cooper and just sits there. Such a good puppy. We’ve been bring her into the living room more and more and she is doing really well. I think we can say that she is officially potty trained! Now to just get past the chewing… someday. She just has a couple more teeth to lose and then I think she will have all of her adult teeth. She loves Cooper’s toys, so she needs constant watching. I can’t wait for the day that we can have her in the living room all the time. She is definitely growing. I’ll take her back to the vet early Mayo to get a current weight. I’m sure she has made it to 50 pounds. This might be why...
Cooper got outside a few times this last week. He loves to explore. He loves to pick up mulch and the river rocks next to the house and hand them to me… What a find! It’s been a bit cooler and rainy the last few days, but we’ll get out again soon.
Cooper got to spend last Friday evening with his friend Amaya… a very big thank you to Jan and Steve!!! Steve and I got to go out for a quiet dinner… a rare treat these days and I’m sure it will soon be even rarer. He had a blast with Amaya! They look like they could be twins…, but then again they are only about two weeks apart. Very cute kids!
I'm sooo tired...
"These puppies are calmer than the other one."

Little one… oh, she needs a name!... is doing great! I’m really feeling her on the outside now. She got in a few really good kicks last night and then a few more this morning. I had Steve put his hand on my belly last night, but as soon as he did she stopped. Sounds like what Cooper did. Silly kids! Soon her movements will be even easier to feel. I love it! I have an OB appointment next week. Just three months (and a few days) and she’ll be here.
More later...........




No comments:
Post a Comment