Okay, it is a day late, but… everyday should be celebrated as Mother’s Day, right? I LOVE being a mom every day. I LOVE my mom every day. And I celebrate those women that have an impact on my life every day. Now I suppose I can’t request flowers and the wonderful meals I enjoyed yesterday every day, but we can celebrate life… which is what it is all about.
Yesterday, Chef Steven… aka daddy, made a wonderful breakfast of white chocolate chip pancakes and then an absolutely awesome lunch of rib eyes, cantaloupe, salad with sun dried tomato vinaigrette, and Dove chocolate ice cream bars. I also got a beautiful pot of New Guinea Impatiens … I love them!
We had another fast weekend. There is just so much to do and so little time.
Friday, Cooper made his TV debut. Minnesota passed legislation last week that will ban BPA, which helps make plastic shatter-proof, in 2011. I started to hear about the possible negative health effects of BPA when I was pregnant for Cooper and stopped using my Nalgene water bottle. We also made the decision to not use BPA bottles for Cooper… I didn't have to change the bottle I wanted to use since the Playtex Drop-Ins are BPA-free. Cooper’s daycare provides his bottles and sippy cups and I made the request that he only use BPA-free items. I maybe be a BPA-free nut, but why take chances. I've been glad to see that most of the manufacturers of bottles have already made them BPA-free. That wasn't the case when we were getting bottle for Cooper. In fact, Babies'R'Us had a sign up that they are now BPA-free. So anyway… there was a reporter coming to the daycare as I picked Cooper up and the director asked if I would stay so that he could get footage of Cooper along with a couple of other BPA-free kids. I agreed, but didn’t realize I would be interviewed until it happened. If you would like to see the video or read the story here is the link… But be gentle if you comment. Watching yourself on video is hard enough.
http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S922773.shtml?cat=10151
We made great progress on Cooper’s new room this weekend. The wallpaper border came on Friday, but it may take a week or two to get it up. Steve and I bought another crib mattress for the toddler bed last night and Steve put the bed together. I still need to wash the bedding and make it. Cooper loved crawling on it, so I hope that it is a good sign that he won’t mind moving in there. He can’t quite crawl up on it, but I think within a day or so he will master it. He’s about an inch too short to crawl up on it easily. He can get off of it really well by turning around and sliding down on his tummy. We bought foam mats of the alphabet, numbers, and Cooper’s name in place of a rug. They are very comfy to sit and stand on. And hopefully, will provide a bit of cushion if he rolls out of bed. His room is very bright and cheery with the décor. I was going to take a picture of it, but figured I would wait until I get the bedding on and the wallpaper border up. Now will be the challenge in transitioning all of Cooper’s stuff to his new room. We will still need to use the changing table, but I want to move his clothes over. I think I will stack his diapers in one drawer and little one’s in the other drawer. We’ll get this figured out some day.
About a week ago while giving Cooper a bath, he started to lie on his tummy and blow bubbles. I didn’t have the camera, but did get a shot of it yesterday. He loves to be in the bath. I’m not sure how he knows to blow bubbles, but I can’t wait to try swimming lessons when he is a little older. He did get a couple of mouthfuls of water, but not bad considering. He can kick his feet, too. My little fish. We’ll get a pool for him this summer. Mommy may have to share it with him.

I had an OB appointment last week. It was again fairly uneventful. Little one is measuring right on for my due date and her heart rate was in the 140’s. I’m starting to feel pregnant. I keep thinking I need to pace myself as I still have about three months. My back is starting to ache with long walks or walking with Cooper for too long. She is very active most days. I love feeling her move. She really gets active when I am holding Cooper. I don’t know if it is the beginnings of sibling rivalry or if she is feeling the pressure of him next to her. Cooper doesn’t know or feel that she is moving, but I wonder if that will change once she makes the really powerful kicks in the next few months.
Well it’s Monday afternoon and I am ready for a nap… too bad I still have a few hours of work left. Sleep… it will come many, many years from now.
Yesterday, Chef Steven… aka daddy, made a wonderful breakfast of white chocolate chip pancakes and then an absolutely awesome lunch of rib eyes, cantaloupe, salad with sun dried tomato vinaigrette, and Dove chocolate ice cream bars. I also got a beautiful pot of New Guinea Impatiens … I love them!
We had another fast weekend. There is just so much to do and so little time.
Friday, Cooper made his TV debut. Minnesota passed legislation last week that will ban BPA, which helps make plastic shatter-proof, in 2011. I started to hear about the possible negative health effects of BPA when I was pregnant for Cooper and stopped using my Nalgene water bottle. We also made the decision to not use BPA bottles for Cooper… I didn't have to change the bottle I wanted to use since the Playtex Drop-Ins are BPA-free. Cooper’s daycare provides his bottles and sippy cups and I made the request that he only use BPA-free items. I maybe be a BPA-free nut, but why take chances. I've been glad to see that most of the manufacturers of bottles have already made them BPA-free. That wasn't the case when we were getting bottle for Cooper. In fact, Babies'R'Us had a sign up that they are now BPA-free. So anyway… there was a reporter coming to the daycare as I picked Cooper up and the director asked if I would stay so that he could get footage of Cooper along with a couple of other BPA-free kids. I agreed, but didn’t realize I would be interviewed until it happened. If you would like to see the video or read the story here is the link… But be gentle if you comment. Watching yourself on video is hard enough.
http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S922773.shtml?cat=10151
We made great progress on Cooper’s new room this weekend. The wallpaper border came on Friday, but it may take a week or two to get it up. Steve and I bought another crib mattress for the toddler bed last night and Steve put the bed together. I still need to wash the bedding and make it. Cooper loved crawling on it, so I hope that it is a good sign that he won’t mind moving in there. He can’t quite crawl up on it, but I think within a day or so he will master it. He’s about an inch too short to crawl up on it easily. He can get off of it really well by turning around and sliding down on his tummy. We bought foam mats of the alphabet, numbers, and Cooper’s name in place of a rug. They are very comfy to sit and stand on. And hopefully, will provide a bit of cushion if he rolls out of bed. His room is very bright and cheery with the décor. I was going to take a picture of it, but figured I would wait until I get the bedding on and the wallpaper border up. Now will be the challenge in transitioning all of Cooper’s stuff to his new room. We will still need to use the changing table, but I want to move his clothes over. I think I will stack his diapers in one drawer and little one’s in the other drawer. We’ll get this figured out some day.
About a week ago while giving Cooper a bath, he started to lie on his tummy and blow bubbles. I didn’t have the camera, but did get a shot of it yesterday. He loves to be in the bath. I’m not sure how he knows to blow bubbles, but I can’t wait to try swimming lessons when he is a little older. He did get a couple of mouthfuls of water, but not bad considering. He can kick his feet, too. My little fish. We’ll get a pool for him this summer. Mommy may have to share it with him.
I had an OB appointment last week. It was again fairly uneventful. Little one is measuring right on for my due date and her heart rate was in the 140’s. I’m starting to feel pregnant. I keep thinking I need to pace myself as I still have about three months. My back is starting to ache with long walks or walking with Cooper for too long. She is very active most days. I love feeling her move. She really gets active when I am holding Cooper. I don’t know if it is the beginnings of sibling rivalry or if she is feeling the pressure of him next to her. Cooper doesn’t know or feel that she is moving, but I wonder if that will change once she makes the really powerful kicks in the next few months.
Well it’s Monday afternoon and I am ready for a nap… too bad I still have a few hours of work left. Sleep… it will come many, many years from now.
No comments:
Post a Comment