As Cindy mentioned in her post (http://cindylifeis.blogspot.com/) it is easy to get caught-up in the spirit of the Memorial Day and not the meaning. Great post, Cindy! Thank you to those that died for our freedom, thank you to those that served for our freedom, and we remember those that we have loved and lost.
I have to admit I love three day weekends. It is amazing how much more we can get done in three days than in two. We were busy… as usual. Our “to do’ list is still long and growing, but a few things got marked off (trimming Cierra’s nails- one of many things that got done), some things were never completed (clearing the dining room table… I have Cooper's baby book and a scrapbook to work on)… and a few things got added (“Casper” is messing with the lights in our bedroom and Steve will need to determine why the lights work one moment and not the next… hopefully not a serious electrical issue).
On Friday Cooper tried a new barber. About six weeks ago I took him to my stylist, but she only trimmed it and the poor kid needed a serious haircut. We tried The Barbershop and wow- the stylist did a great job. This place caters to men… and little men. She put on Back at the Barnyard for him to watch as each styling station has its own TV- a bit of a difference between men and women getting their hair done… we chat too much to watch TV. Cooper didn’t mind the clippers as she did the back. She scissor cut the top and then finished by wiping his neck with a warm towel… talk about service. My little boy came out looking like a handsome little man. Mommy is a bit picky in how I want his hair done and she did a wonderful job.
With many of the “to do” list items out of my realm of expertise… changing the oil in the van, running cables for the computer in the kitchen, the bedroom lights, etc, I recruited the help of Jackie and we made an attempt at hanging wallpaper border. It must say it wasn’t too bad. Saturday we marked the walls and put up sizing to prep the walls. On Sunday we actually hung the border and as of this morning it is still in place. It is a little busy, but I think with some wall décor, it will look better. It is a very bright, stimulating room… perfect for a little guy. Hopefully it won’t be too stimulating a he’ll be able to one day sleep in there.
Yesterday I stopped at Michaels to see if they by chance had any wooden cutouts of cars, trucks, trains, or planes. My plan had been to have my dad do them, but they are in the process of moving and he probably doesn’t need another project to work on. I found some cutouts, but they are much smaller than what I had hoped for, but I’m going to see if I can make them work. I was quite surprised to find that the cars and planes perfectly match the ones on the wall paper. I got some acrylic paints and started to paint the cars yesterday afternoon. I also got some wooden letters to spell Cooper. We’ll see how it goes. Of course Steve’s thought… and mine, too… is this another project that ever be finished? We’ll see. It’s hard with the help of little hands… and paint and Cooper don’t go well together yet. If it works I’ll post some pictures of them.
Yesterday also included an extensive afternoon of shopping. I had a “to buy or return” list that was about as long as the “to do” list. I had tried to buy some garment extenders for some onesie polo shirts I bought Cooper. Kids clothing makes no sense. I got 24month shirts thinking he will grow into them as he is in mostly 18 month shirts and some 24 month shirts… wrong. I’m thinking it is the onesie part, but they are too short and the poor kid hasn’t even worn them yet. The 3Ts look huge. Well, the garment extenders didn’t work, so I took them back. A couple of weeks ago I bought Cooper a pair of new shoes, but then found another pair I like better that were a bit cheaper, so the others had to go back. Then… our beloved puppy… yes the cute one… managed to eat/destroy FOUR pairs of shoes in two hours Sunday evening- two of them being my sandals. I needed to find replacements… which isn’t an easy task. Then I needed some graduation cards and new pj’s for me… So Cooper and I had a fun afternoon of shopping. He was a perfect little boy and ended up sleeping in his stroller through most of it.
I have been having lots of dreams about our little one arriving. I think part of me is panicking that we don’t have her named and all of a sudden she is here… without a name. A few nights ago I dreamt I was in Mexico having a c-section without anesthesia (but it didn’t hurt) and had a 9kg baby… that’s about a 20 pound baby! All I could say was that the dresses I bought wouldn’t fit her. And then I found a bag I had packed, all I had were blue shorts. Oh my. In my dream the other night she was here, but very early and very small and again, I said the dresses wouldn’t fit. I must also be worried that the going home dresses won’t fit. In another dream, we discovered that there two babies! Last week our next door neighbor asked if I was having two since I am getting big really fast… thank you, Sharon and then I’ve been feeling her move in two spots at the same time… no wonder two popped up (out) in my dream. We know there is only one little one in there. Dreams can be so weird. In reality, with 38 weeks being term, she will be ready to come in less than ten weeks- WOW!
Hmmm… I think that about sums up the weekend. I could use another one.
1 comment:
Thanks for the blog shout out. Nice work on the room. If you want another project get some chalkboard paint for Cooper's room. The little guy will be able to scribble away without Mommy blowing a gasket :)
Post a Comment