Last night we got out for another walk. It was just a beautiful night. Cierra is not fond of wearing a gentle leader collar, but in her adolescent state she is pulling too much to walk without it. What happened to our beautiful off-leash walker during puppy class??? She is testing her boundaries.
Cooper also scored a new lawn chair. The other night while out on the deck to grill brats, he tried to climb onto the patio chairs, but he is too little… so while we were waiting for a prescription at Target (of course that is dangerous for Mommy if Cooper is with since we wander the store and we find too much), I found a little dinosaur chair for him. At first he could crawl in it, but struggled to get out, but with Cooper being Cooper, persistence paid off and it didn’t take him long to figure out how to get out. Now he can sit in his chair like a big boy.
Hanging out in my chair
Little One and I had another appointment on Monday. She is looking really good. Her heart rate was high, but then Dr. M determined the Doppler was picking up my heart rate, too. She could hear it in the background. Little One was really in the 140-150 range. She measured right on for 27 weeks.
I don’t think I shared that with Cooper I had gestational diabetes. So there you have it… a confession. It’s just that as a woman I feel like I have failed my unborn child. I am doing everything I can to have a healthy pregnancy. I did that with Cooper. He was more important than any craving I had and so is she. But along with this confession comes the truth that I have many, many moments where I hit the wall and want to throw a pity party for myself. Today in fact… or if you ask Jackie and Steve I’m sure I sound like a broken record and they would tell you every day for the last six weeks. I have to talk myself out of something I am desperately craving. I am very fortunate. This is something that can be controlled. I also didn’t have to do the one hour or the three hour glucose tests. It is just assumed that you have it the second time around. So I watch what I eat and poke my fingers. Unfortunately it isn’t as easy as it sounds. I need calories without carbohydrates. And most of the calories I love are carbohydrates. I’m starting to reach a point of being very tired of peanut butter, nuts, eggs, salads, etc. Now what? Since my first OB appointment I have gained 2 ½ pounds. With about 11 weeks to go my OB is starting to get concerned. So for now we watch it. Enough complaining. ** As I write this my little girl is wiggling just above my belly button. It’s her reminder to me that she is right here with me. **
Can someone tell me how to control the emotional hormones? I struggled with this while I was pregnant for Cooper, too. I am a sobbing mess. There is one OnStar commercial that I keep hearing that sends me into tears every time I hear it. It is the woman who was just hit by a truck and the OnStar operator asks if there is anyone she can call, after calling for an ambulance, and the woman asks for her husband. She is worried about the car and he is worried about her. Sob, sob. Then, I watch the Disney commercial with the little guy getting his hair cut with Celebrate You in the background. I just want to go to the daycare and cuddle with Cooper every time I see that one.
So here’s to hugging your kids and loving your husband! I need a Kleenex, please.
Sitting with Daddy in the back of the van
Walking up the driveway. (Those really aren't Bermuda shorts, but Cooper has short legs.)
"I love how grass feels"
"River Rocks!"
2 comments:
hey - I recognize that duck!!!! ;)
You're doing a GREAT job staying on track with your diet - far better than I am, and I'm not pregnant!! Only 13 weeks (or so) to go! You can do it!!!!
btw, looks like Cooper's chair is just right for him :)
How could you NOT know that sidewalk chalk is messy?? (Just kidding) I do admire the diet efforts, it must totally suck to not eat carbs and cut out the chocolate. Hey if you need to vent or cry about absolutely nothing you know who to call--I've been there before:)
Post a Comment