Steve’s parents came to visit on their way back from Texas on Friday and spent the weekend with us. Friday night was fairly uneventful as Steve and I left Cooper with Grandma and Grandpa to go to Babies’R’Us to buy diapers and a few extra things. Gotta get diapers cheap when you can! Saturday we took Cierra to puppy class while Grandma took care of Cooper again. I think she enjoyed spending the time with him.
Cierra did great at class. With the other dog gone for Easter we had one on one time with our trainer. We worked on sit and stay at the door with distractions… and she did very well. As long as there is food involved Cierra will do just about anything. We walked a few laps around the store and greeted staff. Cierra had to sit to get attention from them. She also had to go a sit, a down, or a “leave it” on each wall of the walk. She really does well with leave it! She breezed through that exercise. Then we worked on staying for 20 seconds. That one was a bit harder. We still need to work on it more.
Saturday then became a bit more interesting with Cooper running a fever of 102. We game him Motrin and Tylenol, but he creeped up to 103. Steve’s mom and I gave him a bath that evening and when I took him out of the tub he didn’t want me to unwrap him from the towel and he was shivering. I checked his temp again and this time he was 104.5. We had been alternating the Tylenol and Motrin all day and never saw a break. After calling the pediatrician on-call, he suggested being seen right away as it was the weekend… of course. We spent about three hours in the ER and had absolutely wonderful care! No waiting this time. After a diagnosis of bronchiolitis and an ear infection… still, he got more Tylenol and Motrin, a neb, and antibiotics and we were sent home.
If it hadn’t been Easter we wouldn’t have gone to church, but Cooper seemed to be in a pretty good mood even with a temp. He slept through much of the service. I think a combination of him radiating heat and me being pregnant, I was miserable by the end of the sermon. I don’t know, but I would think he was back to about 104. Probably against my better judgment, but with more Tylenol and Motrin, we went out to dinner. The experience was lacking in service and the food was questionable, but it was reasonably good.
Cooper didn't have a ton of energy in these pictures, but he's still cute and quite handsome in his shirt and sweater! Usually the pacifier is for bed, but when he doesn't feel good, he wants it. Don't ask about the bottle nipple in the last picture... he loves playing with them.
"Can I eat my bunny now?... Before Mom get's to the ears?"
Steve’s parents left about 3pm on Sunday to head back to Michigan and get settled for the summer.
Cooper and I stayed home together on Monday and Tuesday and he slept, snuggled, and played. We had two really good days together.
Yesterday I missed a great photo opportunity. Cooper was standing at the gate and Cierra was sitting up against the gate on the other side. Cooper reached through the bars and gave her a big hug. As soon as I grabbed the camera they were both looking at me like, “Missed it!” He does so well with her and she with him!
I had an incredible experience this morning. If it hadn’t been at about 5am it would have been a bit better, but still very neat… in its own way. I had both kids kicking me at the same time. Cooper was in bed with me and was very restless and was kicking my upper belly. My little girl was kicking my lower belly at the same time. While being kicked by Cooper isn’t usually a pleasant experience, it was interesting to feel them both. The day will probably come where both will be kicking on the outside… in our bed. We may need a bigger bed.
My other incredible experience of the day was when I put Cooper on the changing table to get him dressed. We’ve been doing these hugs in the morning when he gets dressed. I say, “I love you!” and he squeezes me back really tight… and gives me a kiss… really wet and on the mouth… a very endearing act. This morning he started to say, “Waa u”. I think it was his version of “I love you”. It will make a mommy’s heart melt.
No comments:
Post a Comment