Monday, December 1, 2008

A week of firsts...

First, Happy Thanksgiving… a little late!

Wow, I am really behind in updating. But as I’m sure you can imagine, life has been busy over the last week!

I must start by saying how thankful I am. I am so very blessed in so many ways. The last year has been absolutely incredible!

Well, it has been quite the week for Cooper. Many, many firsts. Last Sunday, Cooper pulled himself up to standing on the baby gate. Steve was able to get a picture of him standing. In the last week he has mastered this move and can do it quite quickly. Last Wednesday I forgot to put the crib rail up when I put him to bed and found him standing with the rail waist high Thursday morning. Thankfully I grabbed him before he decided to look over. Last night he was able to pull himself up with only one hand and was able to reach down and stand back up. He definitely has standing mastered and walking with help is a breeze. I’m still wondering if he will be walking by Christmas, but he has a ways to go with balance.


We traveled to Sioux Falls to be with family for Thanksgiving. Thursday Cooper had his first Turkey dinner. I had fixed a small plate for him and he finished most of it. He did really well eating. He enjoyed the mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. He also did well with the green beans and turkey. Thursday night he had his first sleepover in a hotel. I can’t say it went very well as he was up off and on during the night.

On Friday, he ate a ¼ of Jacob’s Belgian waffle for breakfast. I’m not sure where he packed it, but he sure did.
Since Jacob was getting his hair cut on Friday, I thought I’d have Cooper’s trimmed also. I wasn't really ready as the first haircut seems to be another rite of passage from babyhood to toddlerhood. His hair was starting to get long on the back… a baby mullet. He did a great job. The barber trimmed the back with clippers and then used the scissors to trim up the top. His hair is so fine that she couldn’t get a good clump to save as a lock of hair, but he did get a certificate and we got pictures.


Friday afternoon all three boys… Cooper, Jacob, and Logan went to see Santa. I have a hard copy of it at home, but they don’t like you taking pictures. I did get one of Jacob with Cooper next to the reindeer by Santa’s house. Don’t they look handsome in their red sweaters???

Friday evening Steve and I took Cooper swimming and he really seemed to enjoy it. We didn’t go for long as he was shivering in the big pool and the hot tub, while wasn’t very hot, was a bit too warm for more than a few minutes. We got a few pictures. Maybe this spring we will take a Baby & Me water class.


Last night we put up the Christmas tree. We didn’t get to the ornaments yet, but maybe tonight. Cooper seems to love the lights on the tree. Daddy is going to put up some on the house, too.


Cooper has also started to wave hello and goodbye. At first Steve thought it looked like Cooper was waving his hand in front of his nose as if to say, “Stinky”, but it’s not. He is getting better at turing his hand out. (I have a picture I will attach).

I’m sure I am missing something, but it has been a busy week.

No comments: