Friday, December 5, 2008

Away in a manger…

I thought I would try to get in a quick update before the end of the day. Another week blew by.

Last year at this time I knew I would want to buy Cooper the Fisher Price Little People nativity set. I ordered it last week and got on Tuesday. Wow- has he had fun with it! I never imagined he would play for 30 or so minutes with it at a time. Now, he is too young to “play” with it, but he looks at the animals… this has been another opportunity to ask what a cow says or a sheep. He likes to tap them on the coffee table and then drop them on the floor, but, hey, he is having fun. He loves the star at the top that lights up and plays Away in a Manger.


We are getting ready for Christmas in the Hull house. The tree is up and the lights are on, but no decorations yet… maybe this weekend. I have a feeling only the top half of the tree will be decorated. My mom bought us shatter proof ornaments last year so maybe a few will go on the tree. Cooper loves to “touch” the branches. I don’t think he has the strength to pull the tree down, but I don’t want to find out either. He also likes to try to crawl under the tree. Steve bought lights to put up on the house.

I apologize for those of you waiting to get our Christmas card. Close your eyes if you don’t want to get a preview of our Christmas card… or what I think maybe one of the pictures. Here is the challenge of working with a subject that is almost 10 months old. Twenty pictures later and maybe one turns out. We’ve also tried doing a family photo with the dog, too, but trying to get both of them to look at the camera is a challenge. We will do one of four things… take about 500 pictures (thankfully we have a digital camera), change our mind and just do Cooper... maybe, but see below, get a really candid shot, or scrap the whole idea. By December 25th you should know what happened.



What is this red thing???





I really don't want my picture taken...





Please, Mom, no more!





Thank God... I think she is giving up!


Here’s to another quiet weekend… wait, I’m a parent… there aren’t quiet weekends anymore, but I love the reason why. I just need to remember to not put Cooper in bed with us. He is such a kicker. This morning he was up at 4am, so I tossed him our bed. By six I had given up and was getting sore, so we got up. Maybe he’ll sleep in until 7am… now I am dreaming. But it could happen.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Hi Coops! I've tagged you on my blog - Six Things That Make Me Happy - come visit and then blog back about your six favorite things! :)