Friday, July 18, 2008

Coughs, sniffles, and fevers… oh my!

We continue to be under the weather at the Hull household. So far Steve is doing okay and hasn’t come down with the cold. As for Mr. Cooper and me, we spent several days bonding at home. We got in some good cuddle time. I took Monday and Tuesday off since we both weren’t feeling good and Cooper had developed a fever. My thought was to get past the fever on Tuesday so he could go back to daycare. Wednesday afternoon they called to say he had a temp and couldn’t come back until today. After three days of calls to the pediatric nurse line, I was tired of hearing that we needed to let it run its course and took him in yesterday. Sure enough, he has a “blazing red” ear infection and possibly a clearing pneumonia. No need to explore the pneumonia any further as the antibiotic for the ear infection would take care of both. Ugh. Poor baby! As for me, the week of a significant sore throat, yellow stuff running from my nose (sorry), and cough, didn’t come up to anything more than “it’s a virus” and to wait to see if it gets worse. Now, I’m not one to take antibiotics unless they are really necessary as there are too many drug resistant bugs out there now, but oh I don’t feel good. I did get Robitussin with codeine… like I want to take something that will make me sleepy when I have a baby that needs me. Trust me- with a week of sleepless nights as soon as I lay down I fall asleep. I don’t need codeine to help with that. The doc I saw (not mine) was more interested in the fact that I was 36 with my first baby and that his kids (late 20’s and early 30’s) haven’t had kids yet. Ugh, again. We’ll see how today goes with me back at work and Cooper at daycare.

Hate to say it, but since last Friday, the above has been the extent of our week.

No comments: