Friday, July 11, 2008

So far so good...





Well, we made it through the last two weeks. Cooper did great at daycare. Mom did well… I only called once to check on him. Dad is doing really well with the drop-offs. Last Tuesday (his first day) they took pictures of Cooper and sent them home with a certificate that he completed his first day. On Thursday he got to finger paint blue and red fireworks with his hand. I would have never thought to finger paint with a four month old!... we’ve tried a handprint for memories and… well… it’s not easy. He also got to go for stroller rides. This Wednesday morning the director sent me a picture of him. He really looked happy. It makes it a bit easier to know he is having fun. It’s still hard to think of someone else taking care of him. He’s had a string of blow-outs this week- three in four days. I was looking for extra clothes to send with him this morning and I think we nearly tapped all the clothes that fit him. Hopefully the poo will stay in the diaper today. The daycare viruses have begun. Both Cooper and I have colds. Steve noticed several kids with colds and we are pretty sure that is where we got it. Ugh, it’s hard to be sick, take care of him, and work. Thankfully it’s Friday and hopefully I can rest this weekend. I hope Steve doesn’t get it, but we like to share in our family, so he’s pretty much doomed.

Coops turned five months old last Sunday! He is just an amazing little being. The other night I sat in awe just watching him. It wasn’t that long ago that he would lay and smile, but now he can purposefully reach out to grab something he wants. He was on him tummy and his pacifier was in front of him. He reached out to grab it and managed to turn it to get it in his mouth. Wow! I pulled him from his back to a sitting position and for a few moments he sat without any support. I was, of course, right there to catch him. He can also roll from his back to his tummy. Once in a while his arm is stuck under him, but he is getting better at getting it out. Yesterday morning we found him sleeping on his tummy in the crib. I shouldn’t panic as if he is old enough to get into that position he’s probably okay. The dangling toys, that just a few weeks ago were a challenge for him to pull to play music, aren’t so challenging anymore. I have a feeling we have reached a stage where things are going to start happening very quickly… rolling over, sitting without support, etc. Crawling will probably happen before we know it.

Last weekend we tried peas with Cooper and he loved them. He is like a little bird with his open mouth. We can’t get the spoon in fast enough. The squash we tried before wasn’t a big hit, but we’ll try again. He’s getting cereal twice a day, too. We are still struggling to figure out how much he needs of breast milk, cereal, and food. I was sending three four ounce bottles with him to daycare, but now they want five ounce bottles. The only problem is they feed him at 4pm and he can’t wait until 8pm (right before bed) to eat again. Someday we’ll figure it out… just in time to change, again.

This evening the new daycare that is opening is having an open house, so we will go over to that. I wish Cooper could stay where he is now, but they can only keep him through August at this point. Hopefully an opening comes up. If not, I hope to be impressed by the new facility. We are looking forward to a fairly quiet weekend.

No comments: