Can you believe it??? Our baby is six months old!!! He is growing up too fast!
Life has been full and interesting over the last few weeks… Wondering where I was??? I wish we could say we have the ear infection saga behind us, and hopefully we do, but Cooper continues to be on antibiotics as he either developed another ear infection or the first one didn’t clear. We a very late night or early morning trip to the ER on 7/27. Coops had finished the Amoxicillin the Saturday evening before, but about 24 hours later he was screaming a scream I have never heard before. It took about two minutes for the doc to diagnose him. When his fever of 102-103 continued Steve took him back in last Thursday and they changed his antibiotic. As advised, we took him back in last Saturday since he continued to run a fever over 102. I think as soon as the doc heard we were first time parents, she didn’t hear anything else and blew us off. Thankfully the fevers ended on Sunday and so far he seems to be doing great. Today he gets his six month shots… let the fevers begin, again and an ear check.
Last Sunday we got together with Steve and Jan, a couple we met in our prenatal class, to get our little ones together and share our adventures in parenting. Cooper and Amaya went right for each other. They are just adorable and two peas in a pod. I think Jan would agree that they are so similar that they sound like twins separated at birth… or friends two weeks apart.
Cooper is pretty much sitting up on his own. Wednesday night I had him on his play blanket and he sat up for about five minutes. I was right there to catch him. Later that evening I went to give him a bath and decided to try the tub in the sitting position rather than the reclined position with the hammock. I think he enjoyed it! He was able to sit up and splash. You should have seen the waves in his tub. With his tub in our tub, it doesn’t matter how much he splashes… and it’s not like he really has that much water to get out of the tub. I let him play with a rubber ducky and a fish, but, of course, all he really wanted was the wash cloth to suck on.
Cooper is also beginning to cut teeth. He has one on the bottom that has been trying to come through for a little over a week. He doesn’t like us looking at it and sticks his tongue out.
This morning I dressed Cooper in a 6-9 month romper. Last week he weighed in at 15 pounds. It will be interesting to see what he weighs today and how long he is. The daycare likes to feed him. He is just growing up too fast!
Tomorrow, as long as he is feeling well, we will go to have some six month pictures taken. The poor baby… Mommy always has the camera out and now he has to go have more taken. Mine are cute, but we need a professional take some, too. The person on the phone asked if he is grabbing his toes. Is he grabbing his toes??? He’s now sticking his feet in his mouth. And he tries so hard to get his socks off. Thankfully, his feet are pretty clean. It’s not like he’s walking on them.
Well, I think that somewhat covers the last three week! Take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment