Wednesday, September 3, 2008






Okay, okay… you’ve probably wondering… again… where we are. Well, the weeks just fly around here. If I ever thought life moved fast before Cooper, those days are nothing compared to life now.

On August 9th we had JCP take a few pictures of Cooper for his 6th month birthday. I’ve attached a few. I had hoped some would turn out… and of course all of them were absolutely wonderful. I had to use a bit of restraint when ordering prints, because I could have ordered all of them. He’s my baby!

Two weeks ago we traveled to Michigan for Steve’s sister’s wedding and for Cooper to meet his great-grandparents, other aunts and uncles, and cousins. Wow! What a fast week. After packing the van… make that stuffing the van, we made our way to Milwaukee to sail across the lake. Thank God there is a ferry that travels across Lake Michigan… meaning less time in the car for Cooper. It was an interesting ride… rockier than we have ever experienced before. People were getting sick. Thankfully, Cooper cuddled in Grandma and Grandpa O’C’s arms and it didn’t bother him a bit. We had a wonderful evening spending time with my great aunt and uncle. They are wonderful people and much like pseudo-grandparents since my mom’s parents have died. Hope Cooper really gets to know them. After leaving their house we went to my grandma’s for a couple of nights. Cooper did a great job of sleeping most nights with very little waking.

On Thursday we traveled to the other side of the state for the wedding. We stopped in Blissfield and stayed overnight with Steve’s grandparents. On Friday we traveled to Detroit for all the wedding festivities. Cooper did a wonderful job of being a great baby. He sat through the rehearsal and dinner very well. Mommy was a bit nervous about the wedding as I didn’t want him to fuss. I had Steve (in a tux) quickly help me change him right before the service and prayed he wouldn’t poop. I made a bottle and grabbed the diaper bag filled with quiet toys and the “food” bag just in case. I then snuck into the first pew as I was sitting with Steve’s parents and grandparents… I did sit on the end so I had a quick escape, if needed. No need to worry… Cooper crashed as soon as everyone was in and the ceremony started. He snoozed through the whole thing until everyone clapped at the end. The reception went well, too. He got a little fussy, but a bottle and cuddling with Mommy helped. Sunday’s drive back to the ferry and home were a bit more interesting. After a week of four-hour trips, Cooper started to figure out that sitting in his car seat for long periods was not fun. I read to him, sang songs, showed him different toys, but nothing really seemed to work. The only positive was that at about 11pm, Coopers screams were keeping Steve awake while driving. Ugh. No more long trips for a long time. Cooper and I took Monday off to recover and try to get things from the trip put away.

Last Tuesday Cooper started at a new daycare. So far he seems to enjoy it. I love the fact that they make his bottles for him on demand and I don’t have to make and label them every morning. They also keep the bottles there and clean them. Thank you- I now have an extra twenty minutes in the morning. Since this daycare just opened a couple of weeks ago, they are combining the infant class until they have enough to make two rooms (which will be soon) and then they’ll split into mobile and non-mobile.

Developmentally Cooper is changing all the time. He is really sitting up well on his own. When he’s tired I still put the Boppy around him, but he probably doesn’t need it. He’s just a wild man in the exersaucer! Steve raised the seat again and he can still really jump. He loves to play in there! On a stinky note…the exersaucer brings out the “best” in Cooper- it makes him poop. It is almost guaranteed. Put him in it you’ll be changing a diaper… and possibly clothes. I think Cooper is ready for stage 2 foods. He loves peas, bananas, applesauce, and sweet potatoes. On our trip he got a few tastes of some really good things. We had ice cream while seeing my aunts and families in Grand Haven and he loved the taste I gave him. Steve’s grandma makes the best mashed/whipped potatoes and Coops got to try a bite or two. Steve’s Uncle Bill gave him some raspberry sherbet at the wedding reception. The other day the daycare said Cooper tried to drink from another child’s Sippy cup so they got one out for him with some water and he did great. Milestones, milestones. He watches everything and wants to try new things.

Cooper will be seven months old on Saturday… Where did time go????

No comments: