Tuesday, June 3, 2008

So now I give him to the LORD...






1 Samuel 1:27-28 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has
granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD.

We had Cooper baptized On May 18th. Grandma and Grandpa O’Connell, Grandma and Grandpa Hull, my sister and family, and Steve’s sister and fiancĂ© all came. It was an exciting weekend. Cooper wasn’t short on being given attention and being held. He did a great job during the baptism. He likes having his hair washed, so I wasn’t too concerned, but the time of the baptism was just about naptime, so you never know. He watched Pastor Jeff pretty closely. Cooper wore the outfit Steve wore when he was baptized- pretty neat... and it fit just right! Coops is very blessed to have family that will make sure he is upheld in his spiritual life. Our church family thinks he is pretty neat, too. It definitely takes us longer to get out after church as so many want to see him. Steve and I know God has blessed us with this special boy and we give him to the Lord.

I so badly want to keep this better updated for those of you that are reading it and as a keepsake for Cooper… and me to look back on. What can I say, I’m a new mommy. Things just don’t always happen the way you plan. The days feel short. Sleep feels short. Where has time gone? Cooper will be four months old on Friday. I feel like just a short while ago I was carrying him.

So what is Cooper doing?… Oh, where to begin. Since my last post (a month ago), we have put away the bassinet. Cooper does a great job of sleeping in his crib at night. We have had more nights of him sleeping longer… and then he regresses a bit, and then sleeps longer again. I’d say many nights of the week he will sleep from 10pm until 4:30 or 5am. Not bad. He isn’t always a restful sleeper as I often find him in a different position then when I put him down. We’ve also found limbs sticking out between the crib slats, but bumper pads aren’t recommended anymore.

Cooper is becoming so much more interactive. He is a little chatter box and he can be so expressive with his eyes and facial expressions. He has also found out that he controls the volume of his voice and he can be quite loud at times. I can’t wait for him to tell me what he is trying to say. I think Cooper has started to discover textures. I’ve found him “scratching” the posts of his dangling toy mat and his shirts. He is also grabbing stuffed animals, blankets, and of course anything that can go into his mouth. He likes to look at the baby in the mirror, too. Coops is on the verge of giggling. He makes a little laugh sound when he is excited. There is nothing better than when he gets excited when he sees me. After I get home from work, his eyes will catch mine and he just lights up… my heart melts. Oh, this is so much fun. But he is growing up too fast!

Well, tomorrow is another big day of shots and a well-baby exam. Last time he ran a bit of a temp after the shots, but hopefully he does well with these. If not, we will have the Tylenol and soothing bathes ready. Momma is prepared for plenty of cuddle time.

Until next time… take care!

No comments: