Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bubbles, bubbles everywhere… bubble, bubbles in my hair…




For those of you that didn’t believe me that Cooper likes his bath, here is a new picture. Mommy got a little carried away with the Bedtime bath and a few too many bubbles erupted from the tub. Note to Mommy… when it comes to Cooper’s bath, add the stuff after filling the tub to prevent too many bubbles (Mommy loves bubble baths for herself). Cooper loves to lay and kick his feet and oh… add to the water, but thankfully not the poop kind since the one time he did it. Sunday after his bath I gave him a rub down with some relaxing baby lotion and look how happy he was! He loves just being in his diaper. He did a great job with tummy time and I got several great pictures of him.

Our baby is growing up! He was 3 months old yesterday… or 13 weeks old today! We’ve reached another milestone in that we are probably ready to put the bassinet away. For the last two weeks Cooper has slept in his crib at night and has done great… and so has Mommy. This morning I did find him turned sideways, even with the SwaddleMe blanket on. I’m not sure how he moves so much, but he can. He is getting longer, too. We’ve noticed the 0-3M onesies just don’t fit too well anymore… especially with the size 1 diapers. He can still fit in 0-3M clothes and I hope he will for just a little while longer. It seems like he just got out of newborns a couple of weeks ago… actually, he did.

Last week we had three glorious nights of sleep. Cooper made it about 7 ½ hours all three nights. The last few nights, we’ve been back to nursing at 3am, but I’m sure some “through the night” sleeps are coming. I loved sleeping for the longer stretches, but when I’d wake up there was a part of me that panicked a bit. I wanted to make sure he was okay. I’ve got to stop worrying, but I’m sure many of you could tell me that worrying is just being a parent. The other morning when I went to check on him his hand was cold (not uncommon for Cooper and Daddy) and he was breathing so shallowly that I couldn’t see or feel his chest rise and fall, so I actually shook him a bit to get him to move. I held my breath for a moment. I’m sure he was wondering why Mommy waking him up.

We bought Cooper an exersaucer that will grow with him. It starts out as a play mat with dangling toys above him. He can’t quite pull on them yet to start the music and lights, but he enjoys it when we do it for him. I don’t think it will be much longer and he’ll be able to do it himself. He is starting to grab things with his hands. Eventually, we’ll turn the toys back into an exersaucer and later it turns into a play table once he can stand and walk on his own. Over the weekend we stopped at Target to pick up a few items and we managed to stop in the baby toy aisle. Steve and I thought he needed a new toy. I found a cute sea horse that has a tummy that glows and it plays soothing lullabies with water sounds. Cooper also loves to get kisses from his stuffed animals. Frog, Tigger, and Puddles, his stuffed puppy give great kisses. He is almost ready to giggle. He will get a big grin on his face and make a gurgling sound. It is just fun to watch him become so much more aware of the world around him.

Have I ever said this is amazing???

No comments: