I know I just updated (feast or famine), but I thought I’d get a short note in today as Cooper is now four months old. The last four months… actually the last year has been incredibly amazing! Just five days from now it will be exactly a year ago that we saw his heartbeat for the first time! He was just 6 weeks and 5 days (in reality he was 4 weeks and 5 days) of being a little growing miracle. It had been one of the scariest days of my life in that I had thought I was losing him, but when we saw his heartbeat I think my heart started to beat faster than his. The picture from that ulrasound is the bottom one on the right side. Life is so very precious.
We survived Wednesday’s exam and shots. Cooper is now 2 feet long… he’s grown about 5 inches since birth and is now 12 pounds and 9 ounces- it could also be that he hadn’t pooped in two days! He’s still a little guy, but is staying pretty consistent on the growth chart. Cooper showed Dr. Alme his ability to chat. The shots were rough. Last time he cried very hard, but this time he screamed and then held his breath and then screamed each time he was stuck. The nurse was quick, but four shots are a lot. We cuddled as soon as he got dressed and he fell asleep. The rest of the night wasn’t too bad, except when Steve went to get groceries, Cooper just screamed for about 30 minutes. I couldn’t give him any more Tylenol and there just wasn’t anything I could do to console him. In desperation I was going to give him a bath. As soon as I put him in his crib and turned on the mobile he calmed down. So I took advantage of it and let his friends dance for him. We did give him a bath a little later and I think it helped sooth him. The fevers weren’t as bad this time. He stayed between 100.4-100.7, but didn’t go higher.
Since putting on a little weight, Cooper hasn’t rolled over as much as he did a couple of months ago, but last night during “tummy time” he rolled over three times. I think he is just about to roll from back to tummy, too. When he is on his tummy he has a look of frustration that he can’t get his arms and legs under him to move. He does a “Super Cooper” by lifting his arms and legs off the ground like he’s ready for take-off. He is also pulling his dangling toys to make the music play.
It’s supposed to rain for the next several days, but we can hope to get out for a walk or two this weekend. This has already been an icky year for severe weather, so I picked up a new alarm clock that has a NOAA radio. It's amazing what being a mommy will do to you- you'll do anything to protect your child. I just want to be as prepared as possible with Cooper being down the hall (not really that far, but far enough). We have had tornados north and south of us, but most stuff is fizzeling out before it gets to us.
Grandma and Papa O’C are coming on Sunday to pick up Lacy. We may take advantage of having them here and go out Sunday night.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment