Monday, January 14, 2008

Stork Watch… well, Baby Watch

16 days left!

Back on December 7th’s post, I said I was predicting January 14th was the day and Little One would be 6lbs 7oz. Hmmm, today is January 14th and I really doubt today is the day. I could be hopeful, but since nothing is happening… probably not. I’m ready. Over the last few days I have reached a new feeling of being ready to be done. I LOVE being pregnant!!! and I’ll really miss the feeling of him being inside me. It’s a special gift that only I get to feel, but the time is coming for him to come and meet us. Physically this is becoming a bit more challenging. I had several people say that this would happen. You’ll get so uncomfortable that you want it out. I’m not too uncomfortable yet, but it is getting harder to move and walk. I feel like I have a 6lb. bowling ball on my bladder and a tremendous amount of pressure. I think the Braxton-Hicks contractions are picking up as quite frequently my belly will tighten to feeling like a rock… nothing with consistency in duration or timing. Oh well, soon.

Can you handle on more clothing saga??? I’m sure this will be one of the last ones… my clothes just don’t fit (oh really… surprise, surprise) and I’m really, really getting tired of them. First I didn’t have enough to fill out maternity clothes and I felt like I was “playing” pregnant. Then I finally had enough baby and the clothes fit great. Now they just look silly. Many of my shirts are too short and my pants hit my belly in an awkward spot. I struggle with putting on dress clothes and I just want my sweat pants (that actually aren’t maternity pants and they do fit!) and a t-shirt. I suppose that wouldn’t look very professional.

The good news is that at our OB appointment on Thursday of last week, Little One is head down!!! Hopefully he has gained a bit more weight and can’t flip anymore. I have body parts tackling my ribs, so I’m pretty sure he is still head down. To be safe we will request a quick ultrasound when I go into labor. The OB estimated his weight at about 6lbs. I was down a couple pounds, but hopefully he is getting everything he needs. We’ll see our OB this Thursday and hope all continues to be great. The only disappointing news was that she has previously said that she probably wouldn’t have me go much past 39 weeks and now she is thinking I’d be fine to go to 41… ugh. When he’s ready, he’s ready. I shouldn’t rush this.

Our bags are packed… Steve’s, too. Have I mentioned I have a wonderful husband??? I really do! Yes, I will let him go home… to shower and change, but I have moments of anxiety where I just want to know that I won’t be left there alone for a long period of time. Maybe it’s part of that, “Oh my, I don’t know the first thing about being a parent” panic. There isn’t anything I don’t think we can get through together. He’s my rock. He also put the base of the car seat in the Jeep. So we are ready!

Keep coming back. I’ll try to get an update posted soon after our OB visit on Thursday…

No comments: