Wednesday, January 23, 2008

39 weeks and waiting...

We are still waiting and could be for another two weeks. We saw the OB yesterday and again, no news to report. She didn’t check me as we figure if there is really anything to know, we’ll know soon. Little One appears to be happy hanging out within me. He squirms and wiggles… and seems to be napping at the moment. With it being 0 degrees outside, I’m sure he’d love to stay inside me. He is still head down, his heart rate is fine, my blood pressure and blood sugars are really good, and so we WAIT. He could come tomorrow or the 5th of February. Ironically, I said at our last appointment I need to anticipate it would be the 5th… actually, last Thursday I said I needed to prepare myself for the 5th, with a 30 hour labor, 3 hours of pushing, and a 9lb baby (oh, I hope I am wrong) and sure enough that is our induction date. We are on the schedule for 7:30 that morning. I really don’t want to be induced, but it is nice to know we have an end date set… not as early as I had hoped, but we have a date. I was told yesterday that trying to do an induction when your body isn’t ready really sets you up for a long labor and probably a c-section. As I mentioned before, our OB is on-call next week Monday through Thursday nights, so I wouldn’t mind going any one of those days. Any OB here is probably great and at that point I probably won’t care as long as they manage to get him out- healthy!, but since we’ve seen her for the last many months, it would be nice to have her there. A couple from our prenatal class (Steve and Jan, instead of Steve and Jen) had a little girl on Sunday. They were due February 2nd. I’m a bit jealous. As our OB reminded us yesterday, we need to enjoy our last few days as just a couple as our lives will never be the same. It will be for the better, but it will be different. She is so right. But at the same time have I mentioned that I ache and I’m tired???

So until something exciting happens, a need to ramble, or our next appointment next Thursday (31st)… we wait. Take care and pray for us.

No comments: