Another week has flown by! We are about 8 weeks from the anticipated arrival (hopefully a few days or a week or two earlier). At our prenatal class we had to guess our arrival date and weight. I said 1/14/08 as I just have that date in my head for some reason and 6lb 7oz. Now that I’ve said it twice, I’m sure he’ll come Feb 5th or so at 9lb 3oz. Please, don’t let him be later or bigger. Anticipation, anticipation! Have I mentioned I’m like a five year old waiting for Christmas???
Speaking of Christmas, I am feeling so behind on so many levels that it just really dawned on me yesterday that Christmas is less than three weeks away. I haven’t started shopping (except for Missy and Mike and boys were done at Thanksgiving) or thought about Christmas cards. Oh my. I’m thinking I have a month or two left. Can I blame it on pregnancy brain and fatigue??? Hopefully this weekend I can get started. We also need to get the tree and a few decorations up. I’m not overly motivated as I’m feeling tired now and can only imagine when it comes time to taking everything down I will be exhausted.
We have had a great week. We had an OB appointment on Monday and little one is right on track. The doc had me lay on my back to measure him and check his heart rate and he apparently didn’t like me laying in that position. His heart rate rose to 160-170s so she had me lay on my side and he dropped to 140s to 150s. The good news is that she is on-call nights the week he is due, so we actually have a chance of her being there if he comes on time. So do I wish to go two weeks early or have my doctor deliver him? I’ve heard that by the time he is due to arrive I won’t care who delivers him, I’ll just want him out. None of it is in my control anyway. We’ll see.
Tuesday night we practiced our labor positions and breathing again. Without being in labor, my favorite position is the “slow dance” with Steve and him rubbing my back. I can breathe the best standing up and the swaying, even now, feels good. Some of my postpartum fears were relieved when our instructor said even if we end up in a semi-private room, our husband may possibly be able to stay and they would move us as soon as a private room opens. Whew. I feel a bit better. I can’t believe we only have one more class. Our OB said soon we will be ready to pre-register and pack our bag. Wow!
Little one and Daddy both had the hiccups yesterday. I can’t say enough how much I love every wiggle and squiggle. It is such a precious gift.
Here’s to another wonderful week! Take care…
No comments:
Post a Comment