I can’t believe it is Christmas Eve. Life is incredible! Last year during the Christmas Eve service I had the overwhelming sense I’d be very pregnant this year and I am. God heard our prayer and we are blessed!
Steve and I got a Christmas Eve present is afternoon as we got to see our son on ultrasound. It was a growth check and he looks good. I just loved seeing him as it has been about 15 weeks since our last ultrasound. It was a fairly quick exam, but we got to see his profile and face (as best as you can see on ultrasound). His leg, head, and belly were measured. He is measuring about a week behind at about 4lbs 12 oz, but our OB said it isn’t anything to worry about. Actually, it may be to his advantage as he is currently breech and needs to turn. His smaller size may give him the room. She’ll check him in two weeks to see if he has turned head-down. Silly boy! I had a feeling this was the case as my bladder has been a “soccer ball”. However just a few days ago I was feeling the most activity at the top of my belly, so I think he flipped in the last day or so. I’ll likely spend the next week resting on my knees and elbows to encourage him to turn. We have confirmed that he is definitely a boy! The US tech saw what she needed to see with in moments of starting the exam. There is no doubt… he is a boy! Whew, with all the blue it would have been hard to change it all.
We had a great appointment with our OB. After losing little bit of weight since the first part of November, I have packed on three pounds since our last visit. Baby needs it. Our OB suggested packing our bags and pre-registering at the hospital. Of course with it being Christmas Eve, we have to wait as they were all gone this afternoon. She also said if I starting contracting for a minute at about three minutes apart, we need to come in. I guess we really are getting closer. As I mentioned, we’ll see her in two weeks and discuss his position. If he is still head-up we’ll need to discuss an option to try to turn him or plan a c-section. Please turn, Little One!
On that note, I will close for now. Steve and I will go to church tonight and then spend a quiet Christmas together. My mom and dad will be here later this week.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment