Did you notice that we are down to 98 days???
I am blessed… truly blessed! As I was driving to Rochester from Winona, MN yesterday, all I could think is that life is beautiful. This last weekend we were showered with love by my parents, sister, aunt and uncle, Jackie, and some truly wonderful friends as we celebrated the anticipation of Little One. Thank you to everyone that made this weekend so special! Steve's parents and sister also showered Little One with love this weekend. We wish they could have joined us.
“How do we do this?” is the question of the week. I’m sure you experienced parents would say it just happens… but how do you get ready? I initially thought the new dresser we bought to use also as a changing table and the closet system would hold more, but now I am looking at Little One’s room and thinking were do we put the diapers and socks and burp cloths and sheets. How do we organize all these new things? Steve was looking at the baby stuff we have now and said getting married was easy compared to this… I think he might be right. I have no doubt that even if we figured out the perfect system and found a home for every piece of baby paraphernalia, Little One will come out saying, “This is how I want you to do it.” For now we will do our best to get organized, but we also realize that things will likely change.
I’m not quite sure what is taking place inside my belly… Yes, there is a tremendous amount of development and growth… and a bit of rearranging my organs, but sometimes I wish I could peek inside to see what he is doing. Mr. Wiggles, Wiggle Worm, Squirmy are all names that would apply… and I’m sure this is nothing compared to what I will feel very soon. On Sunday I was leaning back on the couch with my shirt a bit taut and I could see flutters- I could actually see him move. Yesterday there was continuous movement… Flutter, flutter, flutter, something much bigger than a flutter, then flutter. His favorite spot at the moment is to the left of my belly button, but he also likes area just above my belly button. Occasionally he finds my bladder. I love feeling him move! Steve thinks it’s like watching a pot trying to boil. Little One is already teasing his daddy. I will get some big repetitive movements and as soon as I have Steve try to feel it, he stops just long enough for Dad to decide it isn’t worth waiting for. He is his father’s son! Once in awhile Steve gets to feel him.
Last week there was a set of quintuplets born in Minnesota. I was looking at their pictures and amazed to think that Little One looks somewhat like them as they were born at 27 weeks and we are 26 weeks today. He needs to stay were he is for another 12 weeks, but I can’t help but think about how big he is and what he looks like. He should be about 13 inches long and about 1.5 pounds.
So as I close, I will again say I am truly blessed by my family and friends! And I am completely amazed by the miracle of life!
No comments:
Post a Comment