That’s how I feel, today anyway. I can’t complain at all about my pregnancy. I have probably had it pretty easy, but the fatigue… I just can’t get used to it. I am just plain tired. There are so many things I want to do and need to do, but just thinking about them makes me even more tired. Now if you were to ask my dad he’d tell you I was born tired and I’ll fully admit that I like sleep. Poor Steve probably thinks I sound like a broken record as he puts up with my, “I am so tired” phrase that occurs so frequently that I don’t even realize I’m saying it. These days I can hardly make it past 8pm without falling asleep on the couch. I think Steve expects it now. In fact the other night he went and got my cuddle pillow for me to use on the couch. Wow, that was the best two hours of sleep I have had in a long time. The only problem was I slept so good that when it was time for bed I couldn’t sleep. I think part of the problem is that the sleep I get at night isn’t overly restful. I am starting to reach that stage of pregnancy where finding a comfortable position just isn’t easy. And when I do get comfortable it’s just in time for my bladder to remind me that I have to go. I’m finding the Boppy Cuddle Pillow is worth every penny as it helps me stay on my side and supports my ever growing belly. For awhile I was trying to use Steve, but that only worked until one of us needed to roll over. Maybe this is in preparation for having a new baby, but I could really use some sleep. Last night I was determined to not fall asleep on the couch and I did it. It took a lot if distraction, but it worked. We had a few trick-or-treaters that helped take up part of the evening and then Steve warmed up the hot tub to a safe temperature… oh that felt great! So you can imagine my surprise when I awoke this morning to the sound of the school bus driving by… oh no, it was 7:10! I have been fighting to stay awake at my desk all day. My fear is that the third trimester (starting next week) is when the “energy burst” of the second trimester diminishes. Energy burst… I don’t think I really got it. Soon I’ll be back to wanting to crawl under my desk for a nap at 10am, again (an early pregnancy desire). Growing a baby takes A LOT of energy.
Other than being tired, life is good. “Wiggles” has had a few quiet days. He still squirms, but not too many big moves lately. He might be tired, too. Can you imagine all the things that are taking place in his little body… he’s becoming a full human being. Occasionally I get a little nervous that he is being too quiet, but then he’ll usually remind he is just fine by giving me a quick kick. I love those moves. He must be stretching out because he can push/kick just above my belly button at the same time he pushes on my bladder. He is supposed to be about 14 inches long.
On Monday Steve and I took an infant passenger class. They reviewed all the ins and outs of car seats… from how to pick one out to how to properly install it to how to put your 70lb child in a booster seat with out him being embarrassed. Yes, kids should be in a booster seat until they are about 80lbs and 4’9. It was amazing to hear all of this. Many people think a car seat is a simple device you use… but when 3 of 4 are improperly installed, it makes you think twice. Using some of the extra head supports or a car seat bunting are no-no’s. Did you know that a car seat expires? Yep, after six years it does… especially here in Minnesota where we have warm summers and very cold winters. It takes its toll on the plastic. I think we are educated and ready to go get that car seat.
Well, here’s to a good nap and a restful night’s sleep! Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment