We are 24 weeks today… wow! Can you believe it? Every time I turn around it is a new week.
Life is absolutely amazing. Every time I feel this little guy move I sometimes can’t believe this is happening. I want to hold onto every wiggle and movement. I don’t want to forget any of it as I know he will be here before we know it. In last week’s post I said I hadn’t felt him move on the outside, but sure enough on Wednesday I felt him. I think I had my hand in just the right spot at the right moment. He has done it several more times since then, but never quite long enough for Steve to feel yet or he does it will I am at work. I can feel him on the inside all the time. His moves are starting to become somewhat more predictable. I know that as soon as I sit back or lay still, he will move. Most often, though, they are gentle wiggles. I can hear you moms say, “Just wait. They won’t stay gentle.” I prefer to call him “little one”, but as his squirms become more regular he may become “Mr. Wiggles”. I love it! It’s my reassurance that he is there and doing just fine.
We had another OB visit yesterday and little one seems to be right on track. It was a fairly uneventful appointment with a bit more focus on me than on him. I’ve managed to hold onto a cough longer than my OB would like, but I’m sure it is nothing to worry about. She checked his heart rate, but in the midst of our conversation I didn’t ask her what it was. Those little details are important to me. I want to know everything about him. He is measuring right on for 24 weeks. I am so blessed that Steve has been able to be at every appointment with me. He is such a good dad! While I am carrying our baby, this really involves both of us. On our journey to get pregnant it seemed like the physicians focused only on me, but thankfully OB views us as a couple. Steve is just as much apart of this as I am. Aside from some of the aches and such, I wish he could experience this. I know I keep saying this is amazing, but it is!
We are still playing the naming game. How do you name your child? It will be with him for the rest of his life and even after… *first name* *middle name* Hull. Forever. This is much harder than I thought. It was so much easier when I was little and naming my dolls. I’m sure he won’t come home from the hospital as Little One Hull… I don’t think we can do that, but thankfully we still have several weeks to decide. Keep offering your suggestions.
While the clothing saga is on hold… I’m doing fairly well this week; I am in a panic over cravings. We are quickly moving out of plum and nectarine season. What am I going to do? I know the easy answer would be to find a new craving, but I don’t know that it’s possible. Oh no. The HoneyCrisp apples are great, but they don’t hit the same spot… today anyway. Fortunately this week I have been on the Blue Bell grape kick. Poor Steve didn’t question me when I called him on Monday and asked if he could bring me a bag of grapes to work. I was obsessing over them and found it difficult to concentrate until I had them. I tell you these cravings are like nothing I have ever experienced. I found a carton of chocolate malt ice cream with chucks of chocolate filled with creamy fudge. Yes, I have found the ultimate ice cream for me. Thankfully, Steve is doing most of the grocery shopping so I don’t buy six cartons just in case they don’t make it anymore. It’s a special Minnesota Twins edition. I have my glucose tolerance test in four weeks and I hope I pass so I don’t have to give up my occasional bowl of ice cream.
Until later, take care!
Love Jen, Steve, and Little One… Mr. Wiggles
No comments:
Post a Comment