Oh, it has been too long since I last updated. The weeks are just flying. We will be 23 weeks tomorrow- WOW! Little one will be here before we know it.
Life has been interesting and crazy. I have had a few really busy weeks at work. I’m finally seeing the activity calm down, but then that means playing catch-up on everything I have had to put on the “back burner” to get the immediate stuff done.
To make things even more interesting both Steve and I have gotten sick. Okay, I was tired before, but add in busy days at work and a cold and I am wiped out! I have also been informed that colds during pregnancy hang on longer than colds normally do and there isn’t much to take to make me feel better. As a result of this cold, Steve and I had our first experience with Labor and Delivery. Apparently being pregnant with a cold and wheezing and a history of asthma gets you a fun filled afternoon in L&D. Actually I can’t complain because the staff was very friendly, perhaps a bit over cautious, but I suppose you can’t take chances. We had a TV and an interesting poster of various laboring positions to keep us entertained and wondering how some of them could possibly be comfortable. I’m sure in 15-18 weeks from now, we’ll find out. 15, oh my… breathe, Jen. Steve had fun blowing up the lumbar support in the bed. At least we got to see where we will be going. After a not-so-quick neb and stops to the OB appointment desk and the pharmacy we made it out of there in about three hours.
Steve has picked up a variation on what I have. Thankfully I didn’t get the fevers he has had. Wow, he can radiate heat! My bound-out-of-bed husband has spent the last few days on the couch, so I know he is sick. He’s got a sore throat and cough, too. Hopefully he’ll be up again real soon. I’m still not feeling great, but I’m trying to take care of him.
Okay, on to little one… I can finally really feel him being active. We knew from the ultrasound we had a couple of months ago that he was a wiggle worm, but now I can feel it. Usually at night when I lay on my side is when I can feel him the most. He pokes or kicks me in the same spots… just to the right or left of my belly button. I love it! A few nights ago I would swear he did a summersault. He did something. It was the most intense movement I have felt yet. So far his movements haven’t been strong enough to feel on the outside. I think I got Steve’s hopes up to feel him, but it just didn’t happen. I’m sure before too long Steve will be to experience it.
With both of us being home for a couple of days we have watched a few episodes of a Baby Story or Babies: Special Delivery on TLC or Discovery Health. While I’ve watched these shows many times in the past, they are different now. I’m not afraid of what I’ve watched, but there is some reality of the fact that little one will have to physically make his way outside of me…hmmm. Oh my… breathe again, Jen. Last night I asked Steve as one of the episodes was ending if he has moments were this hits him that this is really happening. He really doesn’t feel it yet. I suppose for me it is different, I’m carrying this little one. Each movement or a touch of my belly reminds me this is real. We got our confirmation letter of our prenatal classes that start in about a month making this all the more real. I guess I’m not just playing dress-up.
Steve has done a beautiful job of getting little one’s room ready. It is painted, wallpaper bordered, and the dresser is stained. Steve did a great job on matching the dresser to the crib and it looks wonderful. I’ll attach a picture of the room (the dresser is unstained in the picture). We still have to put the pictures back up on the wall, but we’ll get there.
Can you handle one more clothing saga…? I am struggling to like my clothes. I nearly melted down this morning trying to get dressed. Maybe I need a few more shirts. I, of course, bought almost everything in black, gray, and white to make mixing and matching work, but now I am tired of black. I think I am just overtired and over emotional. All I want to put on are my blue sweat pants and my favorite gray maternity shirt. Ugh, that doesn’t fly for work. Hey, at least I’m acting normal… this is a typical non-pregnant day.
I promise to try to keep this a little more up to date. Keep checking back. Steve and I have tried to get better ultrasound pictures up, but so far it isn’t working. I really want you to be able to see little one, so we’ll try again.
Take Care! Love, Jen and Steve
No comments:
Post a Comment