Some days I feel like I am five again… only instead of counting the days ‘til Christmas, I’m counting ‘til “little one” arrives. I’m anticipating this “gift”. Now I know many of you are probably saying, “Just wait, Jen! Enjoy it while “little one” is still in you. Right now it doesn’t require feeding, holding, or changing AND you can sleep.” I know, I know, but I can’t wait!… well yes, I can wait. I want “little one” to be ready to come into this world. I think what is amazing me is that we are almost at the half-way mark. It has gone so fast.
While there have been physical changes from the very beginning, I’m really starting to notice some changes taking place. My body is definitely not my own. I am discovering what round ligaments are and how they feel when they are stretching. I think “little one” is ready to start to make his or herself known to more than just me. Hopefully, I will soon look pregnant and not like I’ve added a few pounds. While I can still wear a few regular shirts, I have almost completely transitioned to maternity pants and skirts. I’m a bit achy at times, but I honesty feel great!
I’ve read the Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy, Mayo Clinic’s Healthy Pregnancy book, Great Expectations (the pregnancy version), and magazines and yet I don’t know that I could have ever read anything that would really prepare me for what this is really like. I’ve watched the “cliché” shows about pregnancy… the woman sits sobbing as she’s eating her pickles and ice cream while watching the commercial with the father walking his daughter down the aisle. But no one really told me that the cliché stuff is not exaggerated… it is worse. Now I can be a very sensitive person, but I can really cry for no reason these days. And give me a really good reason and you could have a flood of tears… reading excerpts from Chicken Soup for the Expectant Mother or such as watching Steve telling someone we are pregnant. I’m just excited for him to be a dad!
Okay, someone explain the cravings to me. These aren’t “I’d like a bowl of ice cream, please” cravings. They are “give it to me now and don’t ask any questions” cravings. And they change. What I liked last week may not sound good today. For anyone that has spent much time with me knows I love pickles… more than love pickles, but this pregnancy has kicked my pickle craving into high gear… and not just any pickle, but Klaussen’s big deli halves. And give me two. A few weeks ago I wanted Oreos and peanut butter. Not so much these days. Chocolate still sounds good, but I don’t have to absolutely have it right now… at least not today. Fruit, now that’s another story. Give it to me by the bushel! Blueberries, plums, and nectarines are my true loves, but Clementine’s and bananas are pretty good, too. Throw in some fresh sweet corn and we're friends for life.
What will next week bring??? Fruit cravings I’m sure, but what else??? As I’ve said before… this is an incredible journey!!!... And I’m enjoying every minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment