Monday, September 10, 2007

Anticipated Excitement

Tomorrow is a big day, the day we have our twenty-week anatomy ultrasound. The day we’ve been anxiously awaiting, hoping to find out if it is a boy or a girl. Now that’s almost here, I’m getting nervous. I just pray everything is okay. This ultrasound is intended to make sure everything is just as it should be… a brain, a heart, etc. Throughout my pregnancy I have been a bit nervous… okay, a lot nervous before every appointment. On our journey to become parents there have been some intense moments of disappointment and I think I still have moments of being afraid to get my hopes up. But I also know that God is with us. I need to focus more on trust and faith that He will not leave us… no matter what. He has brought us thus far into this journey, I’m sure the rest will be wonderful! So now that I have shared my anxious moment, I am going to focus on anticipated excitement in that we get to see our little one again! I know these ultrasounds will not compare to the day that we get to hold our baby in our arms, but for now they are precious peeks.

On a happy anticipation note… Steve and I (more Steve than me) put up the Noah’s Ark wallpaper border yesterday. Some of you may have heard that I was surprised by the wall color I picked out. At first the “honey butter” on the walls looked a little more orange sherbet or cantaloupe to me. It really isn’t that orange. Everyday I walk into that room I like it better and better. I’m actually pleased with the color. And now that the wallpaper border is up, I love it! I’m sure Steve is breathing a sigh of relief that I didn’t ask him to repaint it. He also put up a closet system on Saturday, so we can get some stuff organized. We bought a dresser a week ago, but need to get some stain for it. So the room is really starting to come together. Obviously we still have time, but rather than rushing at the end, we’ll get it done now. Besides, it was better to paint when we could open the windows. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I’m like a little kid counting the days until Christmas… or baby, this helps.

The clothing saga continues. Only instead of pants, it’s now shirts. I think I have outgrown my regular shirts. Last night we were heading out and I wanted a long sleeve shirt, but found that some of my regular shirts that fit a week or so ago, are too short. Oh well, I guess I’ll be shopping for a few maternity shirts. I’m just not ready for the maternity tops that look like maternity tops… I just don’t have enough to fill them out. But as I am finding out, in a couple of weeks, I’m sure that will change. It’s exciting to see my belly starting to look like a pregnant belly.

The Oreo and peanut butter craving is back… more so the Oreo craving. On Saturday I needed a snack and couldn’t help but have a spoonful of peanut butter, Oreos, and milk. Then Steve pointed out that Domino’s pizza has an Oreo dessert pizza… oh my, that hit the spot. The weird thing is that prior to being pregnant I was never overly fond of Oreos. Now that doesn’t mean I’d pass up a cookie, but they wouldn’t be my first, second, or third choice. I still can’t get enough plums or nectarines in my diet. However, Jackie told me the Honey Crisp apples are now in the stores. Fall is now here!... maybe not in the calendar sense, but food-wise. Honey Crisp apples will always have a special place in my heart as they remind me of one of my first dates with Steve. He melted my heart with 5lbs of apples during a visit to an apple orchard that year. If there is any truth to the old wives tale that craving sweets and fruit means it’s a girl… we’ll be buying pink. In fact, in doing some of the “is it a boy or a girl” quizzes for fun, it most definitely comes up as a girl. My best friend Jackie is absolutely convinced it is a girl. As we all know we have a 50% chance of a girl. I just want a healthy baby! We shall see…

My hope is to update this tomorrow after our appointments. So until then… I’m thinking good thoughts!

No comments: