We are preparing for the “Backy’s” (Backyardigans) to arrive Friday night for Cooper’s birthday party. Mommy went a little crazy after stopping at Party City for a few things. I found A LOT of things for Cooper. I can’t wait to see his eyes when he sees everything. Yesterday I ordered his cake… also Backyardigans. I can’t believe he will be two on Saturday! Two years ago I was overdue and praying he would come.
Last Thursday Cooper and I started a swimming class together. Once he was in the water he had a lot of fun. I’m sure with each class he will enjoy it even more. We got to play with beach balls and noodles and pretend to be a dolphin and jump out of the water. Our friends Amaya and Jan are in our class and we had fun being with them. Each class is 30 minutes. We have four more classes to go.
Cooper got his hair cut last night and he did incredibly well. This was haircut #6… I think… and he sat in the chair like a little man. His head was still a moving target, but no tears. Cooper scored two suckers from them. I hate to say the poor kid still had a bad case of bed head this morning… oh well.
Yesterday morning I went to give Cooper a kiss goodbye and he wiped it off. Isn’t he too young to be starting that??? This morning he made up for it in that he didn’t want to stop giving me a hug and he held my hand really tight. I love him so much. He gets so excited when he sees Steve, especially after daycare, and says, “Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!!!” I’m also often referred to as Daddy, but maybe not with quite as much excitement. Cooper does call me, “Mimmy”- a term of love in my opinion.
Miss Tess, Miss Tess… I can’t keep up with the changes in her. I look at her and see my little baby, but she’s not. The last time she was weighed about two weeks ago she was 13 pounds four ounces. She got her first ear infection (1/20). Thankfully she’s not quite like her brother in that it didn’t hit her as hard as the ear infections used to hit him. She completed her antibiotics last week and no sign of needing a stronger one… which usually happened with Cooper. I LOVE our pediatrician in that she said that she has a low threshold for siblings of kids with chronic ear infections. We won’t have to beg and plead to get a referral to ENT, if it looks like Tess is going down the same road.
Tess got her first tooth!!! Last Wednesday (1/28) Tess’ teacher said she thought she saw something starting to poke through. I looked, but didn’t see anything. On Thursday Cari said that she felt the beginnings of a tooth start to pop through and sure enough there it was!!! The whole top of the tooth is now through. I don’t see the second one yet. Cooper got both bottom teeth the same day, but each child is different. I’m not sure how much longer I will continue to nurse her. So far it hasn’t been a problem. My goal is 2/10 which is just a week away…. Oh my, she will be six months old. Tess is starting to get more and more distracted while nursing so this might be a good time to transition to bottles all the time.
The night before last (2/1), after I changed Tess she was acting like she was trying to do a sit-up, so I pulled her into a sitting position and once she was steady I let go. My baby sat up!!! She didn’t just slouch over, but sat up like a big girl. She still needs to be spotted, but can do it! At the daycare they have sat her against a Boppy and she doesn’t want to lean back so they are seeing the same thing.
Life is incredible with these little ones… or not so “little” ones. More to come after Cooper’s party!
No comments:
Post a Comment