The last month has gone fast! We were blessed to have my parents with us for Thanksgiving. Jackie and Kyle joined us for dinner, too. Our turkey turned out as did everything else. Mom and I made it out later on Black Friday giving people a chance to go home. We still found some good deals even after 10am. On Saturday Mom and Dad left Lacy in our care as they prepared to take Jacob, Logan, Missy, and Mike to Disney World. Cierra loved having the company and they both burned a lot of energy playing.
The second week of December we ended up with a real Minnesota storm. On Wednesday of that week, we were snowbound. Steve made it to work with the Jeep, but we didn’t think the van would make it through the snow as we had about 12 inches and it had drifted to about 16-18 in some areas. At 8am they had 41 snow plows out, but only 20% of the Rochester roads cleared. Cooper, Tess, and I stayed home just to be safe. It was fun to just stay home and cuddle. Cierra hasn’t appreciated the snow. She lifts her feet as they get cold. She also falls through the snow and can’t run as fast as she would like.
Cooper is doing great. He was using the door block to out deck door as his guitar and tugged at Papa’s heart. When Papa and Grandma came to get Lacy He brought Cooper a wooden guitar he made. Cooper’s favorite word has been “apple”. He loves apples. We are starting to hear more and more words from him. Last weekend he finally said “Mommy”!!! He melted my heart. We have been hearing “Daddy, Daddy, Daddy” for quite some time, but he wouldn’t say “Mommy”. He would point to me, but wouldn’t say it. As I say goodbye to him I always tell him I love him and have a good day. He has started to say, “Bye. Day”. I LOVE it! He is such a good kid!
Miss Tess is ever changing. I still can’t believe she is four months old now. She is trying to roll over and can get on her side pretty well, but hasn’t made it all the way over yet. Now that she is four months old we decided to give Tess her big Christmas present early. We got her a bouncer. At first I thought she was going to be too small for it, but we tried it and she seemed to love it. She has a ways to grow into it. There is a keyboard on it that lights up and plays music. She can hit it with her arm and make it work. Tess has been giggling more and my heart melts when she does it. It is just too cute.
We will plan to go to my mom and dad’s for Christmas. Hopefully the roads will be good. So far the 7-day forecast looks great!
No comments:
Post a Comment