Oh my, life flies these days. We made it through the first week of me being back at work and Tess in daycare. She did really well and is getting more acclimated to the daycare surroundings… noise and other people. I made it back to work and survived.
Last week was a little more interesting as Cooper developed a 104.0 fever that Sunday evening and he needed to stay home. Steve came down with a cold and wasn’t feeling great, so the two of them stayed home together. With H1N1 being a concern, I got Cooper an appointment and they thought the same thing. He was swabbed and started on Tamiflu (more so that he wouldn’t pass it onto Tess). Thankfully it came back negative and we stopped the Tamiflu. We sent him back to daycare on Wednesday, but he started to act clingy and vomited that evening and then broke out into a rash… so back to the doc he went. She diagnosed it as Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Coopy had blisters in his mouth, but not on his hands or feet. He was cleared to go back to daycare and I had hoped we were in the clear until I got a call on Friday afternoon that Miss Tess had a temp of 102.5. Ugh. Thankfully, she didn’t get hit as hard as her brother and her fever broke Saturday morning and the rash was here and gone within a few days. I then was hit with something that left me lying on the couch with the worst headache I have ever had… chills, fever, and sore throat. Once again, thankfully it was fairly short lived and I was back at work on Wednesday. We are all healthy and doing great now.
Not feeling great...
Life continues to be interesting! I am in absolute LOVE!!! Have you heard me say that before??? It’s so true. My heart just melts.
Cooper continues to amaze me as he changes all the time. About a week ago I was giving him a bath and he saw a duck in his bath toy bag. He pointed and said ducky. I got it out and he pointed and said ducky, again, so I grabbed the other duck out of the bag. He then proceeded to try to count them. The only problem is Cooper only knows how to say “two”. So it was… ”Two, two” as he touched each one.
We are starting to hear more and more words from him, but he is still a “man of few words”. I was showing him pictures last week and when I asked him where Papa was he said, “Papooh”. A very sweet term of endearment, I think.
When I go to pick the kids up from daycare at night I usually stop to get Tess first as I figure it is easier to take her into Cooper’s room rather than taking Cooper into her room. They often have little ones lying or crawling on the floor and I don’t want him to accidentally trample one. When Cooper’s little friends see a baby they get excited and come over to her. Being a big brother he has already discovered his duty to protect her. He will stretch his arm across her carrier and say, “Mine!”
Playing with blocks...
Linus

Miss Tess is changing faster than I can keep up with or imagine. She is not a newborn anymore. I haven’t found a childhood stage (up to age 21 months) that I haven’t enjoyed. It has been fun to experience it again with Tess. Holding her as a newborn was just precious. Watching her smile for the first time was incredible, and now watching her track us around the room and giggle and holding her head up when sitting and… wow, she is special. She has learned to scream. Not a cry scream, but I’ve- found-my-voice scream. She loves to watch her friends dance… the mobile above the crib. She scoots on her back in her crib. She sat in the Bumbo seat at daycare. This little one is growing up too fast!!!
Miss Tess is changing faster than I can keep up with or imagine. She is not a newborn anymore. I haven’t found a childhood stage (up to age 21 months) that I haven’t enjoyed. It has been fun to experience it again with Tess. Holding her as a newborn was just precious. Watching her smile for the first time was incredible, and now watching her track us around the room and giggle and holding her head up when sitting and… wow, she is special. She has learned to scream. Not a cry scream, but I’ve- found-my-voice scream. She loves to watch her friends dance… the mobile above the crib. She scoots on her back in her crib. She sat in the Bumbo seat at daycare. This little one is growing up too fast!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment