Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Back to work...

Yesterday was my first day back at work after 12 weeks and Tess’ first day at daycare. We survived. Sunday night was hard anticipating Monday morning. We had only been apart for about six hours total up until yesterday. It’s hard to go “cold turkey”. Kids grow up to fast and it is hard to think of someone else spending nine hours of the day with them when I only get about three to four waking hours with them. But… this is the choice we have made.

I had dropped off her stuff and they got her locker ready last Thursday, so we didn’t have too much to take in yesterday. I thought Steve could use a little extra help and I wanted to make sure she was settled so I went yesterday to drop off the kids, too. We got Cooper dropped off first and then Miss Tess. I was glad to see two of Cooper’s old teachers were in her room yesterday and one of her primary teachers that was there yesterday seems wonderful. She is the grandmotherly type. After a quick hug and kiss goodbye we had to head off to work. I’ve been through this before with Cooper, but it was a bit different. When I first went back to work, Steve was home with him. When Steve went back to work Cooper was five months old… a little older. It was still very hard to leave him.

Tess did great! She slept, pooped… had a blow-out, drank more than Mommy expected, cuddled, and smiled at her teachers. Overall she had a really good day. Mommy only called once to check on her. I was so busy that the day flew by. I was a bit nervous about picking them and wondering how I was going to manage two kids. I was planning to get Tess first and then Cooper, but Cooper was in the great room when I got there. We have an incredible daycare. Tess’ primary teacher offered to help me get both kids to the van. She even went to Cooper’s room to get his jacket and daily sheet. It was nice not having to carry two kids to the van.

Today… I am surviving, but it has been a bit more difficult as I have had a bit more time to think about it. But we’ll (I’ll) get through it. More cuddle time tonight.

Here are a few pictures to enjoy...





No comments: