Once again I am delinquent in getting an update done. But I must admit that life is just busy. At work we are preparing for an accreditation review and I’ve been busy reviewing the last three years to make sure what I need is there. Not a small feat when added to the year-end reports and getting started with 2009. When I get home we are busy with dinner, playing, baths, and other need-to-do items… like falling asleep on the couch. There is just never enough time to get everything done.
Cooper had his first neb treatment on Wednesday. He came down with a cold not quite two weeks ago. His cough started to get worse and by Wednesday he was really wheezing. The daycare called to say he just wasn’t acting himself. I decided to endure the pediatrician’s office. I hate that feeling of “why are you bringing in what seems to be a healthy kid” when I know he doesn’t feel good. But when I got to the daycare there was no doubt that he needed to be seen. I hadn’t ever heard him wheeze as bad as he did. The thought is he has RSV, but since he is nearly a year old, he should be just fine. After enduring a neb treatment, we were sent home with an albuterol inhaler to give him several times a day. With a family history of asthma they said the wheezing with a virus was to be expected and he is very likely to have asthma, but I had hoped that he would be lucky and not get it. Last night I was concerned the albuterol didn’t seem working, but thankfully, he was able to sleep through the night and didn’t sound too bad this morning. Hopefully, he will be feeling pretty good by the end of the weekend. The occupational hazard of being a mommy with a sick, cuddly child is that you usually get it, too. So needless to say I’m tired and not feeling the greatest either.
Here is a quick update on what Cooper is doing…
Tooth #3 is through on the top and #4 is trying to come… more loose diapers… FUN!
He can walk on his knees, but not quite on his feet yet. He can cruise around the furniture and stand with just one hand supported.
He weighed 20 pounds and 12 ounces on Wednesday.
Cooper has a week before he is a year old. I am still in amazement that the last year has gone as fast as it did. We are probably going to have a small party with Mommy and Daddy next Friday and then Gramma and Papa come on the 9th and we’ll celebrate again.
Here’s to a quiet weekend!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Coughs, sniffles, sneezes… and wheezes, oh my!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment