Friday, November 14, 2008

A Cooper update...

Where did the week go? Believe me, I’m not complaining. I’m looking forward to the weekend!

Mr. Cooper is Mr. Speedy when it comes to crawling. Wow! He can move! If he knows where he wants to go, he goes. Usually it’s to Cody… who doesn’t appreciate Cooper’s new found ability. He is doing well with getting up and moving if Cooper approaches. We, of course, watch the two of them and make sure Cooper is not in danger or “bugging” Cody. The hard part is that Cooper loves Cody and giggles when he sees him. Sunday was the first time (of many I’m sure) where I asked Steve where Cooper was. I was in the bedroom and Steve was at the computer. It was only for a few seconds, but Cooper had crawled into the bathroom (which is between the computer and the bedroom). I think he likes the fuzziness of the bathmat.

Cooper is making progress with eating. The daycare gave us a sheet last weekend with foods we will allow them to give him. I checked off several things that I know he can eat. We also gave them permission to try new things with him if they think he is developmentally ready… hey, these people spend their days with kids his age and probably know more about what they are doing than we do. Well, this week he has had green beans, peas, diced peaches and pears, yogurt, pancakes, and yesterday he had a blast with spaghetti! They had to take the tray way from him after two helpings. He LOVED it! He also enjoyed “splashing” in his applesauce. Fortunately… or unfortunately- depending on how you look at it… this kid is “into” food. Cody doesn’t have a problem with Cooper when he is in his chair and a Gerber puff or two come over the edge of the tray.

So are you wondering how much he weighs??? Yesterday he had his nine month well baby visit and he is at 19 pounds 13 ounces… about the 39th percentile. He is doing great. He’s a little on the short side, but came in at 27 inches. He seems long when he starts to outgrow the length of his pants. He did a great job of showing Dr. Alme how he can flirt and be cute. He is such a happy baby. Cooper loved the paper on the exam table. Trying to undress and dress him was nearly impossible. Then trying to keep a nine month old occupied on my lap was hard. This particular exam room had nothing fun to look at. Thankfully he got a new book during his visit so we had something to read while we waited for the nurse to bring his shots. At first the nurse didn’t think he was going to cry after she gave him the first one, but once Cooper figured out that it hurt, he screamed. Poor baby- I still don’t like the idea of my baby being poked, but I know the shots are important. I thought she could have done the second one a little quicker, but Cooper did okay. By the time I had him sitting up he gave her a smile. He has to go in again in four weeks for the flu shot booster… ugh.

Well, I suppose it’s time to go and get him from daycare and start the weekend. Take care!

No comments: