Tomorrow Cooper will be ten weeks old… ten weeks! Where does the time go? He is changing before our eyes. I want to hold onto every minute and forever hold them in my heart.
Since my last post we have had a few new experiences. Last Wednesday Cooper had his two month well baby visit. He weighed 9lbs 11oz and was 21 inches long. He is still just a little guy. He got four shots and one oral vaccine. He and Mommy survived, but not without tears for both of us. That was hard and I didn’t watch, but his cries tugged at my heart. Daddy was right there with him, too. While he was in a pretty good mood following them, he did get a fever into Thursday. Poor baby. Overall he looked really good at his appointment. He will go back in two months.
In an attempt to help him feel better after the shots (and because it was Wednesday-bath day) we gave him a warm, soothing bath. Coops proceeded to poop in the tub. Ickapoo. In the past he has been a little fountain and added to the water, but never pooped. Thankfully, Daddy came to the rescue and cleaned the tub while I held onto Cooper. Coops has decided baths aren’t too bad and lays back and enjoys the water (trust me, I know it doesn't look like it from the picture). His tub has a sling to support him and he’ll drop one leg into the water and kick some. I have quickly learned to cover him with a washcloth to prevent the fountain from spraying everywhere… it’s not quite as important now that we are putting the infant tub in the big tub- after the pooping experience, we found it was easier to clean the tub in the bathroom). Before, I would put the tub over the kitchen sink and the dish drainer was in the line of fire. Mommy takes her chances probably too often. Usually I’m pretty lucky. Baby boys!
Yesterday, Cooper had his first real blowout. We’ve had minor leaks, but just onto his clothes. Cooper managed to go through his diaper, the onesie, the SwaddleMe blanket, and the crib sheet. Steve had just changed the crib sheet over the weekend as we are preparing to move him in there at night.
Cooper is starting to sleep longer at night. The last few nights he's gotten up once nurse during the night. I'm enjoying the longer stretches. He has still been in the bassinet next to our bed. I like having him close by, but I think I'm about ready to transition him to the crib. We can at least try it for part of the night and see how he does... or how Mommy does. He is starting to move around more and I've found him at the foot of the bassinet several times. We bought a baby monitor so we’ll be able to hear him. His room is just down the hall from us, but it is going to feel further away. When he first came home, I frequently put him in bed with us and putting him in the bassinet felt like I had sent him to a foreign country. I suppose we should get him in the crib before he is a teenager… for more reasons than one.
Cooper is just an amazing gift. Everyday is a new experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment