Baked Dijon Salmon
Ingredients
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs... I substitute cracker crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans... the first time I made this I used walnuts and love it, too
4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley... I sub parsley flakes
4 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
salt and pepper to taste... I don't think it needs this, but that's me
1 lemon, for garnish... I didn't have any lemons, but I'm sure this would be great on it.
Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In a small bowl, stir together butter, mustard, and honey. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs, pecans, and parsley.
Brush each salmon fillet lightly with honey mustard mixture, and sprinkle the tops of the fillets with the bread crumb mixture.
Bake salmon 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until it flakes easily with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with a wedge of lemon.
Spinach Quiche
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 box fresh sliced mushrooms
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic in butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in spinach, mushrooms, and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
Blueberry Dump Cake... in the crock pot! (I plan to try this with a chocolate cake and cherries next time!)
1 21 oz. can blueberry pie filling
1 package yellow cake mix
1/2 C. butter
1/2 C. chopped walnuts
Place pie filling in the slow cooker. Combine dry cake mix and butter, sprinkle over filling. Sprinkle the walnuts on top of that. Cover and cook on low for 2 - 3 hours. Serve warm in bowls. Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment