Okay, so I’ve blown it and then some. I am so behind at updating… actual words, not just pictures. First it was a lack of time… and it still is, but now I’ve gotten to a point of being so behind that I don’t even know where to start. A LOT has happened in the last two months. Not to mention the kids are two months older and in these years, two months is a lot! I was just reading about keeping journals for your kids… this has been my journal and my reference for when I actually get to the baby books. I will have to try to remember what has happened and keep at this better. I hate to say I’m now using FaceBook to remind me of what has happened.
To start at the end of February I decided to leave my job and I was done March 26th. I am so happy being home with the kids!!! This was coming for quite some time, but I was afraid to actually make the decision. I am so glad that I did. After eleven years of a career, it’s time to focus on the kids… the most important role.
So what has been happening? Lots! Both kids continue to change every day!
Cooper continues to amaze me. I know he is processing everything and understands A LOT more than we think. He is really piecing together sentences and ideas. The engineering mind continues. You can just see him study things to see how they work. He took apart my electric razor to the point that I had to call in the engineer to put it back together. I couldn’t figure it out. He still loves books. Currently, “Good Night, Gorilla”, “Freight Trains”, and Numbers seem to top the list. I am trying to learn the Freight Train book and the names for all the cars. He is excitedly starting to really starting to learn numbers. 4 is currently his favorite number. He loves to have me count out how many items are in the picture. He won’t say “one”, but that isn’t anything new. Cooper loves to also look at shapes. Oval is the hit as is looks like a balloon… his favorite thing in the entire world. He has balloon radar. If he says balloon, I am 99.9% positive there is a balloon somewhere… even if I don’t see if right away. Driving past car dealers with the gigantic balloons or balloons on the car is fun.
Cooper is going through a typical toddler diet…. We have no idea what he will eat from day to day, except that we know he doesn’t like any form of meat. The hard part is he will love one thing one day and really dislike it the next. He will squeeze his eyes shut and say, “No more”. Fruit usually continues to be a hit… thank fully! At his last appointment (3/3) he came in at 26 pounds and 34 inches tall. He is finally in 2T pants, but has been in 2T shirts for about a year. I’ve tried some 3T shirts, but they are still too big.
Cooper and I took another swimming class with Jan and Amaya. We were excited to find out that Cooper’s friend Katie (from daycare) and her mommy, Marisa (who works with Steve) were also in our class. It is the same class as before through Community Ed, but with a different teacher at a different school, so a few differences, but lots of it is the same.
It’s interesting… we hear lots, and lots of “Saarra” (Cierra), but Cooper only calls Tess, “Baby”. Cooper and Tess have started to fight with each other… typical siblings. If she is playing with a toy Cooper wants, he will take it. Tess will grab at him and make an “Augh!” sound in absolute disgust. At this point it is cute, but I’m sure the “cuteness” won’t last. The cute part is watching them interact with each other. About a week ago I was giving Tess a bath and Cooper wanted to help. He was sprinkling water on her head and said, “Shower”. Tess looked at him like she was wondering what he was doing. He then got out several bath toys for her and helped her play… such a good big brother!
Cooper and Cierra are best buds. Where one is, so is the other. Cooper loves to give her treats. He'd give her the entire box if I didn't take them away. He'll tell Cierra to sit, but often doesn't give her the treat when she does. Poor dog looks at him with pleading eyes. She is laying next to me snoring after a busy morning of playing with Cooper.
In my last real post Tess had gotten her first tooth. The second tooth came shortly after. Tooth number three (top right) is starting to pop through (4/29). Tessy loves rice cereal and is starting to like other food. I think we have successfully (no horrible faces) gotten in peas, green beans, corn and sweet potatoes. She also loves chocolate pudding and mashed potatoes and gravy! The other night she had scrambles eggs and ate more than Cooper.
Wow, is Tess changing. She has gone from sitting up on her own to rolling to now trying to crawl. She can crawl backwards. I’ve even seen her the last couple days trying to pull herself up on things. She was in the bathroom with me while I was brushing my teeth and managed to get the middle drawer open (with the lock only about two inches) and pull herself onto one knee. I noticed the other day that when sitting in the crib she can start to pull up on the rail… time to drop the mattress. She has graduated from the carrier in the stroller to sitting up like a big girl. We still need to get her a new car seat and stop using the carrier. At her last appointment on 3/3 (almost seven months) she weighed 14 ½ pounds and was 25 ½ inches. I love watching her play. She has started to take little people out of the vehicles and will put them back in… sort of. Of course the most interesting game is drop EVERYTHING on the floor and see how long it takes Mom or Dad to pick it up. We need a few more pacifier leashes. She is just an incredible little girl that loves to snuggle.
I spent some time going through the kids’ closets and drawers to pull out the small stuff. This is a task I really struggle with. I’m just not ready to put away clothes they have outgrown. The idea of getting rid of them is too painful to think about. Steve said to think able the garage ale we could have… not yet! But the reality is my babies are growing up. I have to remember that I have loved every stage and as they get bigger, they will change and I know I will love it, too!
I’ve enjoyed being at home. For those that know me very well, know that I have been challenged I the kitchen most of my life, but I think it was a lack of time that factored into much of it. I have found a new love for the crock pot and I am trying new recipes all the time. It is so much easier than making thing in the over or the stove. Usually I can get them started once Tess goes down for her morning nap and by the time Steve is home, it’s done!
Oh, I’m sure there is sooooo much more to share, but this is it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment