Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mr. Monkey

Now that I haven’t done a “real” post for what seems like months… other than pictures, I thought I would try to get one out. As I’m sure you can imagine life is interesting and busy!

Cooper had a fabulous birthday and was spoiled. You should see our living room. It looks like a toy store... including what he got for Christmas. He is still obsessed with his tool bench. Last Sunday we took the hammer and wrench to church with us. Other than that he just loves to play will all of his toys. He’ll spend time with one item and then go onto the next. There are times that I think, “Wow he hasn’t played with that in a while” and then he plays with it for days. He loves books. Of course being curious and adventurous is always fun, too. Anything he shouldn’t get into he does… or tries to.

He can stand unsupported, but hasn’t taken that first step yet… at least a successful one. I’m sure when he does it will be a flat out run from there on. He has started to climb on things… hence the name Mr. Monkey. He made several attempts at crawling on top of the trunk I have. Once he mastered it, he does it in about half a second. He is so good at being able to get down. He turns around and reaches with his feet for the ground. Wow, how does he know to do that and not go over head first? His new trick is to get both knees on his race truck and hold onto the handle at the back. He is trying to stand up on it and I have a feeling it won’t be long. Steve was saying it was probably a good thing we took down the tree in the front yard as he would be climbing within a few years… now we only have about fifteen other trees for him to climb.

His other top front tooth is coming in… finally. It seems like we keep seeing it and then it goes back up, but I think it is here to stay. He loves that he can bite into crackers and cookies… those teeth are good for something.

He had his 12 month shots and came in at 21 ½ lbs and 29 inches long. He is growing up! So far no signs of a reaction to the MMR, chickenpox, or Hepatitis A vaccines, but they usually start about 7-12 days out so we still have a few days. They so wonderfully tell your child could actually get chickenpox from the shot… great… we’ve had enough illness. Oh, and I just happened to ask them to check his ears as he had an ear infection a couple of weeks ago and was pulling on his ear and acting a bit crabby at night and yes, he had another ear infection. More antibiotics! The Amoxicillin went down great, but the Augmentin he hates.

With allowing him to sleep with us when he’d wake up during the middle of the night for four weeks, we are struggling to get him to sleep the entire night in his crib. Some day…

For those of you that followed my blog while I was pregnant with Cooper will enjoy (or cringe) at hearing that the clothing saga of the last pregnancy is starting again. I am at that weird body stage. It looks like extra pounds instead of a baby bump. I have “too much” for regular pants, but my maternity clothes are really too big. Ladies you might enjoy this… guys skip this part… Yesterday I wore non-maternity tights with a dress. They fit on Friday. Now they want to roll over the “bump” and continue rolling. I’m afraid I am going to walk down the hall with my tights around my knees. Now that would be an embarrassing sight! So let the clothing saga begin!

As for Baby #2, all looks well. We will do the anatomy ultrasound on March 13th. It is a little earlier than the normal 20 weeks, but hey it’s the special attention you get when you are labeled “advanced maternal age”. I’m not 80, but that term makes me feel like it. We’ve seen the little one three times. Two weeks ago it was curled up and didn’t want to be measured from head to rump, but the doc said it looked like a 13+ week baby… right on track. My due date is August 15th, but since we are planning to do a repeat c-section it will likely be the 10th. I have had many requests for “special days”, but unless one of those days is early and this one comes early it probably won’t happen. All I can say is the next five months are going to go fast! We have so much to do. Thankfully we have all of the big baby stuff we need… crib (but Coops will need to transition to a toddler bed early), car seat, bottles, pump, diaper bag, etc. Of course if this is a girl we may need a little bit of pink and a few dresses. If it is a boy we have lots of blue, but they will be of different seasons size-wise. All in due time we will find out… or in a little over two weeks. This pregnancy is so different from Cooper’s. I’m so busy that I often “forget” that I am pregnant. There isn’t the luxury of going home after work to take a nap or going to bed by 8pm. But when I do think about it, I am excited! It is all wonderful. We are so blessed and will be blessed even more.

Well, I suppose that is enough to get me back to blogging. Take care!

No comments: