We sound like a library book.
We had another OB appointment yesterday and guess what… 1cm. Can you believe it??? 1. What can I say? Little one is just not ready to come. His head is definitely still down, but between him and my body nothing is happening. His little heart was beating along at 145… I love that soothing sound. He is laying lopsided to my right… I almost feel like I have a baby butt in my armpit. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration. He is wiggling at the moment with a foot (or something) poking my right ribs.
So… unless something happens over the weekend, we’ll move forward with the induction on Tuesday at 7:30 am. Obviously even that could change depending on how busy Labor and Delivery is. It’s been almost frightening to see in the birth announcement section of the paper that 6-8 babies are born every day. Hopefully Tuesday will be a quiet day. They only have eight birthing rooms. Once we start hopefully we will stay put. The OB we saw yesterday was great in explaining what would happen and informed us that it could be a long process depending on how I respond to the medications. That 30 hour labor prediction could be reality. We will take things as they come and pray for a smooth labor.
Much like last weekend (without the food poisoning), Steve and I will enjoy this weekend as a couple and relax… one more date. We were talking this morning that this will likely be the last weekend as a couple for the next eighteen plus years. We are so embracing this journey, but life will definitely be different. I don’t think there is much we have left to do… baby-wise. I should make sure Steve gets plenty of rest as he will be very busy Tuesday and probably Wednesday.
I’ll try to get one more update in before Tuesday, especially if anything changes. For now keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we prepare for Tuesday.
Love, Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment